how to make better healing spells?

#1deviljinnerPosted 1/10/2010 10:11:30 PM
i have been using The lord healing spell, it has helped alot but now that i have been facing tougher monsters as well as my hp is getting higher i need a healing spell where i can most of it instantly or gradually quick

i read about the "making magic in the university" but how exactly does that work? is it like you make a healing amount and duration amount and that determines how much magick it will cost?

i think i understand that i have to get recommendations to join the arcane university but after that can i start making those healing magics?
#2Locusta-VampaPosted 1/10/2010 10:49:18 PM
Yes, you can make magicks after you recieve all the recommendations. I made a lovely healing spell that heals 22 over 5 seconds. I could do better I'm sure but this one does the trick for now.
#3Locusta-VampaPosted 1/10/2010 10:50:02 PM
er that is, 22hp a second for 5 seconds.
#4deviljinner(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2010 11:12:00 PM
i see so "tinkering" with the amount healed over the amount of time determines how much magick it will cost?

what level restoration would i need to get that 22hp/5secs?
#5PapaRosarioPosted 1/12/2010 7:56:15 AM
That would require expert in restoration. You can adjust the magnitude and duration based on your skill level. Remember that longer duration and lower magnitude will cost less magicka. So restore health 10 pts for 10 seconds will cost a LOT less magicka than restore health 100 pts for 1 second. This is because the magicka cost of a spell scales linearly with duration, but exponentially with magnitude.
---
"So I Say lol why is prot warrior chasing me? Am I raid boss lol??"
#6bmaster154Posted 1/12/2010 1:00:11 PM
So in other words, those "heal 100pts in 1 second" spells should be kept for battle, while the longer durations ones, when no enemies are around.
---
If you want to win 1 million dollars, do not read this! You did? Aw, no problem, there's still hope!
... Unless you read that too.
#7PapaRosarioPosted 1/12/2010 1:15:19 PM
What I was trying to say with that explanation is that massive magnitude/short duration heals should pretty much never be used. They're a waste of magicka. Instead of casting a heal the second before you're about to die, you can instead cast a smaller heal over a longer duration at the beginning of what you think will be a tough fight.
---
"So I Say lol why is prot warrior chasing me? Am I raid boss lol??"
#8deviljinner(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2010 1:57:51 PM
oh so let me get this straight

quicker healing cost more magick

and slower healing cost less magick

hmm i would like a slow healing one that heals me alot longer, i have about 420 hp at the moment so which spell would be good enough for me?