Any point in raising grass?

#1JishinPosted 9/17/2008 7:11:08 PM
Given that you seem to need to water grass now (wtf ... that stuff grows like weeds normally), is there any real reason to grow it yourself if you don't have any Wonderful stones for your watering can?
#2ss4kamiPosted 9/17/2008 7:16:50 PM
Jishin (#001)
Given that you seem to need to water grass now (wtf ... that stuff grows like weeds normally), is there any real reason to grow it yourself if you don't have any Wonderful stones for your watering can?

Grass growing like weeds?

I wish I had your grass. It is bermuda grass right?
---
_/|\_ :hurr: God Dammit!
\|/ IMMA LICKIN' YOUR TOE!
#3GoddessGirlPosted 9/17/2008 7:33:13 PM
IMO growing your own grass is far too time & stamina consuming. You only "need" it if you want to leave your animals outside overnight. But putting animals in & out of the barn takes way too much game-time too, so I don't do that either. My poor little shut-ins are doing well enough on store bought fodder.
#4HormusPosted 9/17/2008 8:38:10 PM
accually, i have two patches of grass and i didnt water em. I just left the seeds out in the open and they didnt die or nothing. they just remained seeds. Then it rained.
---
Pokemon Diamond FC: 3308 6684 7279. Name: Virgil
#5IamaPillowPosted 9/17/2008 8:42:22 PM
It takes more than 18 sun "points" to kill grass seeds.
---
I don't get it. Why is Amalia pretending to be Ashe? -- cousin (2nd playthrough of FFXII)
#6Jishin(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2008 1:29:43 PM
Yeah, bermuda grass. q: (Truth be told, I killed it all and put down bark and some nice xeriscape bushes. Minimal watering, which is good for us Californians ... )

Glad to hear that there's no real point in keeping the animals outside or raising your own grass. I'm going to go back to keeping them inside. Much simpler.

Out of curiosity, anyone know if you can produce chicken feed from corn the way you used to? I don't see any option for that, but perhaps I've missed it somewhere.
#7LightHawKnightPosted 9/18/2008 1:32:37 PM
that option never was in any DS game, so its not in this one.
---
Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid. People will believe a lie either because they want to believe it's true or because they are afraid it might be true.
#8TJargonPosted 9/18/2008 2:27:51 PM
BUT there have been Harvest Moon's in the past where you could grind corn into chicken feed. Friends of Mineral Town and Magical Melody being the two most recent.

My question is CAN you feed chickens cut grass, or do you have to buy it from the stores all the time? Also do chickens gather their own food when left outside, or do they have to eat fully grown grass like cows?
#9RamblynnGrammyPosted 9/18/2008 3:09:45 PM
I've grown grass but I don't see the point. It's just easier to buy the fodder and the animals don't respond to the bell very well so I just leave them in.
#10jacksniper11Posted 9/18/2008 6:56:59 PM
You can leave your chickens outside, roughly 4-5 hours later, they'll feed all by themselves.

If you go into your Assets page, and look under animals, the chicken(s) that are fed will have a feed icon to the right of their portrait. Luckily, my stone lumber fence hasn't been damaged in 2 years, so it's a pretty safe bet you can leave your chickens outside without much worry. Of course you'll need to bring them in before a rainy day.