The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

So glad this is finally here.

#1Red_JesterPosted 10/30/2012 7:55:47 PM
I've been waiting for so damn long. Hell, you can check out this boards history to see how long I've been pimping this game. (Fall 2009 release date, lololol)

Some people are having technical issues, but even so you can see the quality of this game through it all. I really hope they patch out the launch technical issues for people soon because this is a game I want everyone to get into fully enjoying as soon as possible. It is absolutely the game I've been waiting for all these years and that's actually kind of amazing that they managed it. Not only that, but they pretty much did it with damn near AAA production values and innovative engine features.

Anyways, I hope Unknown Worlds goes on to be one of the staple PC developers out there now that they've got the ball rolling with what I think will be a pretty decent hit as a studio.
---
I do benefits for all religions. I'd hate to blow the hereafter on a technicality. - Bob Hope
I'm right about everything, every time. 60% of the time.
#2params7Posted 10/30/2012 9:08:39 PM
I just bought the game because I see a preview once somewhere and liked the idea of a TPS/RTS hybrid. I've never played NS1. But just played this for 3 hours straight and all I can say is amazing. I'll be playing this game for a while.
---
http://bf3stats.com/stats_ps3/params7
http://i35.tinypic.com/2qd27na.png
#3Baki187Posted 11/9/2012 7:12:59 AM
Total agree TC NS should have revolutionized this genre, only hope is that NS2 does that now.......Console release would be great for that too....(Raises Flame Sheild)
#4sm0kiEPosted 11/9/2012 7:52:47 AM
I hope they put back strafe jumping or bhopping.
#5ThePCElitistPosted 11/9/2012 8:42:02 AM
Baki187 posted...
Total agree TC NS should have revolutionized this genre, only hope is that NS2 does that now.......Console release would be great for that too....(Raises Flame Sheild)

I'm not saying that NS2 shouldn't be on consoles but I'm not sure how the console crowd would react to it. This game was built from the ground up with PC in mind and everything from the UI, controls and Commander functions heavily rely on M&KB controls and the game is also heavily team based and requires communication. It's a much different beast than Counter-Strike which has found mild success on consoles but the community is niche in comparison to the PC community for the same game.

Having said that I do believe Unknownworlds mentioned they were interested in a console port but at a later time. I'd personally be interested in how it would work for those platforms.
---
NicoGrimm posted...
I built my computer with my own bare hands out of sticks, pine cones, and sweat! My internet is a rubberband tied to a squirrel
#6Baki187Posted 11/9/2012 9:47:11 AM
ThePCElitist posted...
Baki187 posted...

I'm not saying that NS2 shouldn't be on consoles but I'm not sure how the console crowd would react to it. This game was built from the ground up with PC in mind and everything from the UI, controls and Commander functions heavily rely on M&KB controls and the game is also heavily team based and requires communication. It's a much different beast than Counter-Strike which has found mild success on consoles but the community is niche in comparison to the PC community for the same game.

Having said that I do believe Unknownworlds mentioned they were interested in a console port but at a later time. I'd personally be interested in how it would work for those platforms.

I feel you especially on the commander part and the popularity not being there for console players(some ad's on xbox could change that though) but I think it could be worked out and the fps part would work there are enough buttons on the controllers for that and honestly theres probly just as many mic's being used on xbox live.
#7sm0kiEPosted 11/9/2012 10:06:28 AM
I wanna see people try to hit a fade or a lerk with a joystick lol.
#8Red_Jester(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 12:37:46 PM
I kind of have to agree. This game... would be a completely different experience on consoles. The marines and the aliens pretty much require extremely fast and precise aiming while juggling multiple abilities. Even if someone could manage to play like a PC player could with a gamepad, you'd still be in matches full of people who couldn't. Most aliens would play nothing like they do in the PC version and I can just imagine the skulk vs marine fights once the skulk gets in close.
---
I do benefits for all religions. I'd hate to blow the hereafter on a technicality. - Bob Hope
#9Baki187Posted 11/9/2012 2:22:11 PM
eh you'd be suprised how good one can get with those joysticks, and theres really not that many different keys you have to use id imagine they would fit on a xbox 360 controller you've got 15 buttons on there to use.

Obviously you wouldnt have the same size games, and pc and console players would play seperately on there own platforms.
#10Red_Jester(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 1:34:09 PM
I believe you. I'm sure there are plenty of people who can play with a gamepad about as well as a mouse and keyboard, but what I'm saying is what about the rest of the players in servers? Most of them won't be playing like that person, which would make it a very different experience.

Of course, there's always the option for allowing KB/M controls, but I'm ALWAYS against that in console games despite being a huge PC gamer that prefers KB/M controls. I feel like an ass using that setup on the PS3 version of CS:GO and I also don't like to have to think about other players using a KB/M setup when I'm using a gamepad.
---