Gamespot review pulled for inaccuracies

#1Red_JesterPosted 11/9/2012 11:34:05 AM
The 6.0 review is gone for now. I don't know if you guys managed to catch that review before it was pulled, but it was literally the worst review I have ever read from a professional games media site in my life. There is no exaggeration in that statement. I wrote a looooooooong comment under the review before I noticed an article stating it was pulled. I've been coming to GameSpot for almost 15 years and literally not a single review had ever made me mad until I got to this one. I think it was a contracted review and not from the staff.
---
I do benefits for all religions. I'd hate to blow the hereafter on a technicality. - Bob Hope
I'm right about everything, every time. 60% of the time.
#2GM_Posted 11/9/2012 12:03:43 PM
What all did they say about it? I never saw the review.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#3Red_Jester(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 12:17:47 PM
Well, it's half what they didn't say and half what they did say. There's literally almost no description of the actual game except for passing mention of the commander mode and the graphics. What he did actually talk about was filled with factual inaccuracies and a complete lack of understanding the game. He did point out the lack of tutorial was bad, but he then went on to tear apart what few things about the game he did actually mention because "new players couldn't understand, blah blah." In other words, being unable to understand something makes it inherently bad. It doesn't matter the actual quality of said mechanic or gameplay. If you don't understand it, that means it's bad.

http://www.gamespot.com/natural-selection-2/reviews/natural-selection-2-review-6399575/

Here's the actual review.
---
I do benefits for all religions. I'd hate to blow the hereafter on a technicality. - Bob Hope
#4Baki187Posted 11/9/2012 1:25:11 PM
^Huh thats funny I had a tutorial come up when I started the game, it even said i could look into more advanced ones after.

Just shows how much they guy didnt even play the game.
#5Cool_Dude667Posted 11/9/2012 3:28:16 PM
the worst part? Its still in metacritic and dragging the other reviews down with it

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/natural-selection-2
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-6iNzwXEg0
#6R0YB0TPosted 11/12/2012 11:57:19 PM
Wasn't it a reader review?
#7Red_Jester(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 9:54:52 PM
www.gamespot.com/news/6399748

I don't think so. I'd imagine that he's a freelancer.
---
#8yutterhPosted 12/2/2012 2:19:25 PM
wow metacritic wont get rid of the review even though it was pulled -_- thats some bull.
---
Good news everyone! - Hubert Farnsworth
What do you mean "we", flesh-tube? - bender
#9sm0kiEPosted 12/2/2012 2:43:24 PM
Yeah, that sucks hard. Now there will be less players, less sales, and less life span of this game.
#10yutterhPosted 12/2/2012 3:27:30 PM
meta critics policy is stupid anyways. Why keep it the same when they know the review could be tainted? It really doesn't help the site out or the game at all. What reason would they have that for anyways?
---
Good news everyone! - Hubert Farnsworth
What do you mean "we", flesh-tube? - bender