I am a HUGE Aliens fan, will I like this game?

#1stayfrostedPosted 11/15/2012 5:12:13 PM
I am a huge fan of the Alien movie series. From what I see on Youtube this game looks like a really good copy of the movie. There are no xenomorphs but the aliens look like alternate versions of them with all the same abilities like acid spitting and wall walking.

Am I right to assume this? Is this game similar to Aliens? The marines look like they were copied right out of the movie and that is awesome.

If it is similar, was it intentional? Did this game take inspiration from the movies?

I was let down by AVP2010's multiplayer, would this be a good replacement until Colonial Marines comes out?

If you are a fellow fan of the Alien series, how does this game feel? Is it worth downloading?

Thanks!
#2Baki187Posted 11/16/2012 5:25:23 AM
Ima fan but this game is definatly more starcraft oriented IMO, obviously with the fps/rts change.

But if you like aliens vs marines multiplayer there is no better game then this IMO.

Ive also been hearing th multiplayer on colonial marines is gonna be 4v4 max and only 2 player coop online......really takes away from what i wanted from that game.

NS 2 is leagues ahead of any Aliens vs Marines movie game.
#3swiftninjav2Posted 11/20/2012 4:44:17 AM
The original game was as close as you could get to a aliens rip off and this game feels the same.
---
i work@ Department of Save Points and Other RPG Clichés.
Making the world map a safer place for spikey haired heroes
#4SubbyWithDotsPosted 11/27/2012 11:44:31 AM
If you played the AVP2 multiplayer at all, the skulk will be real easy to get into. Once leap and celerity are up you're basically a runner from the AVP games. Wallwalking feels about the same as the AVP games so it's pretty sweet.

I was a long time player of AVP2 and I love NS2 because it feels like sort of a spiritual successor I guess.

I just kinda hope they look at AVP2 and look at the game modes like Evac and Survivor and maybe possibly incorporate those into NS2 or someone makes those into mods.
---
http://bonesnapper.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/HendricksKO.gif