First thing all PC users should do (cfg tweaks)

#21ogresamanosuke(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2010 12:01:29 PM
Thanks for the topic, is there any way remove DoF? I heard that there's a way and it greatly improves FPS as well.

Not sure, but try raising the setting on r_deblur_dist 10. to something higher. That should help with the shortened depth of field.
---
Zelda games suck. And thier fans are closet cases.
There. I said it. You may go on now.
#22Rob_101Posted 3/18/2010 12:03:50 PM

Awesome. Hope some of this stuff works! Thanks for posting! :D

#23ogresamanosuke(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2010 12:13:56 PM
Oh, and Amioran, you'll have to be more specific how you accomplished triple buffering. It's not a normal option in nHancer, unless it's named something I'm clearly not recognizing.
---
Zelda games suck. And thier fans are closet cases.
There. I said it. You may go on now.
#24exclusiveburnerPosted 3/18/2010 12:21:16 PM
Well I changed from DX10 to DX9 last night and on DX 10 I was playign at High, now I play DX9 on Very High and it plays much smoother. I will add this to my favorites and check it when I play later.

Also not everyone likes there FOV at 60....i play in 1080p and I like it at 50. At 60 it's too far back imo at least for this game, I play BFBC2 @ 75, but this game just looks a bit awkward.
---
E6750@3.0ghz-BFG1GB GTS250-2 gig OCZ Reaper-Gigabyte P35-Vista 64
#25RyuRanVIIPosted 3/18/2010 12:24:04 PM
I wish I could use Normal settings with High resolution textures. :|
#26dementedyoungmanPosted 3/18/2010 12:28:46 PM
hey im pretty computer friendly and i like to think that i know what im doing but why is it that i cant even find my config file in my documents? i turned on show hidden folders and everything but all i can find is the folder with my saved games in it, can anyone help me out please? id love to boost my fps on this awesome game
---
"Quantity has its own quality"- Lenin
I think he is telling the Soviet way of fighting ;)
#27Mupod NegnirtPosted 3/18/2010 12:31:27 PM
might not actually be in 'my documents'

on my win7 machine it's under c:\users and then some other crap. I'd give the exact location but I'm not home atm
#28dementedyoungmanPosted 3/18/2010 12:35:39 PM
i really feel dumb, i just found...thanks anyway guys =D
---
"Quantity has its own quality"- Lenin
I think he is telling the Soviet way of fighting ;)
#29Printul_NoptiiPosted 3/18/2010 12:36:18 PM

Thank you so much bro you made my day :D 10 X I have another question thou. Do you know how to force this game into windowed mode like laying it on a separate window on your desktop for example ? I found a r_fullscreen command in the "User" file but if I turn it to off or 0 it still wont go into window mode :/ I also testet putting the "-windowed" command in the shortcut and still no dice, finally I tried using 3d Analyzer third part software to force it into window mode (worked fine for Prototype PC version) here it wont work :/ Is there any way to run this in window mode I cant find a way to do it ! Thank you much for your honts on tweaking the cfg, cheers !

#30Printul_NoptiiPosted 3/18/2010 12:54:57 PM

Sorry for my noob question about playing it in window mode I just came across it. here is the way to force it into Window mode

there are two user.cfg files that you need to change.

C:Users\"your windows user name"AppDataLocal4A GamesMetro 2033
C:Program Files (x86)METRO 2033

open up "user.cfg "

find where it says "fullscreen on"

erase "on" and type "off".

Cheers !