Metro 2033.exe

#1pidowPosted 3/19/2010 3:30:41 PM

Has anyone besides myself had that error message"Metro 2033.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close".)? If so, has anyone figured out how to fix the problem?...For three days now I have been trying to play this game and to date I have unable to. THQ has not figured it out yet also. So if any body else has please let me know. P.S. I've tried some of the Forums fixes and nothing is working.

#2Pecone_PenevPosted 3/19/2010 3:48:46 PM

pidow posted...

Has anyone besides myself had that error message"Metro 2033.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close".)? If so, has anyone figured out how to fix the problem?...For three days now I have been trying to play this game and to date I have unable to. THQ has not figured it out yet also. So if any body else has please let me know. P.S. I've tried some of the Forums fixes and nothing is working.

What kind of windows are you running? Specs?

You may need to add the Metro.exe in the DATA Execution Privention(DEP) so it dosn't cause problems with windows.

#3sonofliberPosted 3/19/2010 3:59:05 PM
had that one (dont know if its the same one, mine crashed after the first intro, before the thq intro) i did what fulldragon sugested in another post and worked:

try deleting file

content.upk0 (in game folder)
---
How exactly is Yukari a slut? She doesn't go around giving free Garudyne jobs to every guy or she doesn't let him Maralagidyne her void.
#4ghostly_bearPosted 3/19/2010 4:13:11 PM
check your CPU vs. REQ's if that isn't the problem reinstall
#5HR_JinxXPosted 3/19/2010 4:25:28 PM
Did you pirate the game?
---
The argument "What about the people without internet?!" Makes me laugh mainly because they are not here to defend themselves.
#6Pecone_PenevPosted 3/19/2010 5:41:09 PM

Have you guys installed the PhysX Drivers for the game. If you don't have that it will crash at the logo and the very begining.

#7ShadowsRunnerPosted 3/19/2010 9:36:35 PM

I had that problem too and I tried changing it back to direct X9 and everything works just fine. Strange but it works. Seems like something is wrong with Direct X10 for me. Although I can still run other game normally with direct X10

#8NuramaTheBDPosted 3/19/2010 9:40:20 PM

I had that problem too and I tried changing it back to direct X9 and everything works just fine. Strange but it works. Seems like something is wrong with Direct X10 for me. Although I can still run other game normally with direct X10

update your dx10
---
PS3=Nurama Xbox 360=Nurama
What a tool he was, I have to spend all day computing pi because he plugged in the overlord.
#9pidow(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2010 8:39:38 AM

XP. I do not know how to accomplish what you suggested.

#10pidow(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2010 8:40:47 AM

I running Quads.