Stealth suit or heavy suit?

#1ShadowsRunnerPosted 3/20/2010 5:14:46 PM

So I just got to the armory on my second playthrough and finally got the chance to buy better armor. I got around 271 military rounds right now so I can buy both suits

But the question is if I already bought the heavy suit, will buying the stealth suit remove the damage resistance of the heavy suit? Or will the effects of both suits stack if I buy both?

#2jakkaruPosted 3/20/2010 5:16:29 PM
very good question....
i have no idea...
#3Lucian04Posted 3/20/2010 5:46:17 PM
You can only wear one or the other. I did the game with neither armor, there honestly isn't any need for either of them.
---
The Harsh Zone: http://tinylink.com/?tVrp4XxqQ1
X3 720 Black Edition @ 3.6ghz // 6GB DDR2 1066 // 1GB HD5830 // Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit
#4ShadowsRunner(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2010 5:50:31 PM

I see then. Well I guess I would buy the heavy suit then because I'm more than happy with my revolver, AK and the BB gun. I can get the night vision later.

#5jakkaruPosted 3/20/2010 5:51:59 PM

You can only wear one or the other. I did the game with neither armor, there honestly isn't any need for either of them.

my first play thru i didnt even know armor existed.
this playthru i got the stealth suit. and wow. stealth suit isn't useless.
you can do all the stealth without it sure, but the suit makes it much easier.

cant say much about the damage armor, i havent really tried it.
#6AleoiPosted 3/20/2010 6:02:27 PM
I used the heavy on my first run and the stealth now. The heavy is nice when you are being swarmed, or you tend to run and gun areas. The stealth suit simply makes sneaking that much easier, though you are still screwed once the enemy notices you.

After trying both, I'd say what I'd tend to do is take the stealth suit when its available and the trade it out for the heavy armor at Polis station, since sneaking is much less useful when dealing with mutants.
---
Flamethrowers can solve any problem.
#7CaladfwichPosted 3/20/2010 6:12:46 PM
Oh so this game have armor? Guess i didn't explore as much as i thought, oh well you can finish the game without ever paying a visit to any market to buy anything anyway.
#8Z_OblivionPosted 3/20/2010 7:11:48 PM
Where's the stealth suit, Armory station?
Where exactly?
---
Getting mad at Activision for this kind of thing is like getting mad at an ape for throwing feces. It's just how the beast communicates -Tim Schafer
#9AleoiPosted 3/20/2010 7:25:44 PM
Its in the market area of the Armory before you leave, there are two guys sitting off to the side, each one sells one of the suits for 100 bullets.
---
Flamethrowers can solve any problem.
#10iamgeneusPosted 3/20/2010 7:26:42 PM
I didn't know there was a stealth suit. That would have come in handy since I tried to stay stealthy whenever possible. I found the damage suit though.