Easter Egg/References Thread

#1RaokPosted 3/18/2010 9:46:52 AM

Just thought I'd make a thread with the interesting/funny easter eggs and references I've found so far.

First, near the beginning of the game you fight a lot of Bandit's and eventually there is an alternate passage involving a maze of crates. Somewhere in the maze is a Bandit hiding in a corner smoking a Hookah. After you kill him it turns out you can activate it and everything goes really slow.

Second, When in the Library area, before you *slight spoiler* activate the chandelier *end* one of the characters mentions the book "Roadside Picnic" and states "ah, something familiar". Roadside Picnic is the book that much STALKER is based off of. 4A Games is made up of a lot of former members of the GSC team that worked on STALKER.

#2SmokingGhostPosted 3/18/2010 1:51:47 PM
There's references to STALKERs in Metro. During the mission in which you're working with Bourbon, you find some corpses of armored guys with hoods and gas-masks. Bourbon makes a comment about STALKERs and how they're crazy, always running around on the surface and to keep an eye out for their weapon caches.
#3LolBBQsauzepstPosted 3/18/2010 2:12:07 PM
Ridiculously obvious, and found in the handcar in Frontline when your *slight spoilers* tagging along,

Metro 2033 books scattered around the game.
---
I have a PhD in Raptor Attacks.
#4Raok(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2010 2:18:14 PM

SmokingGhost posted...
There's references to STALKERs in Metro. During the mission in which you're working with Bourbon, you find some corpses of armored guys with hoods and gas-masks. Bourbon makes a comment about STALKERs and how they're crazy, always running around on the surface and to keep an eye out for their weapon caches.

AHA! I thought that's what he said! I wasn't really paying attention because I was just running around staring at stuff. But then I heard him say that and did a double take and thought "Did he just openly mention STALKERs and the secret caches?"

#5ghstbstrPosted 3/18/2010 3:00:20 PM

I like all of the STALKER references in this game. Also being made by some of the developers of the first STALKER game it fits in this game perfectly, to me this great game just seems like another STALKER game that takes place during a different time in a different location and it is linear instead of being an open world game.

I really like all three STALKER games, and Metro 2033 is another great game that I really like because of it's similarities.

#6ytfordPosted 3/19/2010 5:00:06 PM

i just noticed the watch has the actual real-time in sync with the xbox360.. im sure you guys already know this but i thought it was really cool to see that.