Trying to use 360 controller. Why can't I map triggers?

#1NebetsuPosted 9/24/2009 10:45:52 PM
Why can't I map the triggers to work like the 360?
---
I am Nebetsu.... The slayer of weasels. I just dont want to start a new account and reset all my karma!
#2Fox_RawelnPosted 9/25/2009 11:05:02 AM
And what do the triggers do on the 360 version? Because I believe no action in Assassin's Creed require a button that senses pressure.
---
I am always wrong in this website, and I only notice it because someone always says "read further down" to me.
#3bobbyrkPosted 9/25/2009 12:01:30 PM
The triggers don't use pressure sensitivity, that's correct. The analog sticks do, however. The left trigger toggles target lock, and the right trigger is the high/low profile modifier.

Anyway, Phoenix, try searching around for different software for mapping the controller buttons.
---
Yoda of Borg are we: Futile is resistance. Assimilate you, we will.
#4Fox_RawelnPosted 9/28/2009 5:53:34 AM
On my computer, I was able to map the buttons on the same screen that the keys can be mapped. IIRC, it's Controller Setup or Button Configuration. But you have to plug the controller before starting the game.
---
I am always wrong in this website, and I only notice it because someone always says "read further down" to me.
#5ffcloud7Posted 10/4/2009 4:00:05 PM
Are you using the wireless 360 controller? Unfortunately, they didn't make the wireless one compatible, it doesn't properly read it as an xinput device, so you can't map the triggers to anything. Only the wired controller works. It sucks, but if you have no other choice for controllers, might I suggest using xpadder? It's not quite the same, but you can bind keyboard inputs to the 360 controller.