Offline play

#1MyioDenDoxPosted 1/18/2010 11:26:46 AM
Hey guys, I've had PSU for about 2 years and really enjoy the game offline...not too big of a fan of it online but meh, it's alright I guess. I was just curious, does Ambition of the Illuminus add anything offline for the 360? Even if it's not all the new content, I'd be satisfied it offered at least something for the offline mode.
#2TBD2009Posted 1/18/2010 1:37:21 PM
Sadly, there is NO offline content, what-so-ever, for Ambition of the Illuminus for the Xbox 360. There are no plans to ever give any offline content, either... you'd be better trying to find the PS2 AotI disc and having PSU's original disc also for PS2. (Don't know if you need BOTH discs, or not... I'm not much for Sony MMOs, so I can't help you there... better to go to the PS2 Gamefaqs section for PSU). Or, you could try it on the PC...
---
PSU's own Terra Branford. Support techer, medic and buffer extraordinaire.
Level 170 Acrotecher (Lv. 20), master of the Blackhearts and Vish!
#3MyioDenDox(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2010 1:04:08 PM
Eh, I'll give AOTI online a try. Apparently it makes PSU like a whole new game online so it might actually be worth it.
#4InvalidModPosted 1/19/2010 7:14:32 PM
It adds tons of missions and leveling is tons easier.
---
its preseason dude, it matters as much as the points on whose line is it anyway. -moon111
#5MyioDenDox(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2010 2:52:56 PM
Hopefully not as easy as offline extra mode where you can get to level 100 in 12 hours.
#6TBD2009Posted 1/22/2010 1:56:04 AM
Given that it took me about a month to get from Lv. 160 to Lv. 170, I'd say that's a worry you can lay to rest.

AotI does add a lot of "easy EXP" to the game, that the original version lacks, but even with that in mind, it still takes a lot of work to really level up. I think you might really enjoy the additions to the class system (I really love playing Acrotecher, obviously), and some of the new weapons and Photon Arts that were added with AotI. Good stuff all around.

Just try not to get sucked into playing nothing but White Beast. It's okay for a few runs, but it becomes a crutch over time, and before you know it, you're sitting outside the mission waiting for someone to invite you to another party. :P
---
#7InvalidModPosted 1/22/2010 1:23:26 PM

Hopefully not as easy as offline extra mode where you can get to level 100 in 12 hours.

I dont think it is that fast but you can get to a decent level and be running A and S runs in no time
---
Chess is big in my family. One of my favorite things to do is fork my little sister while I'm mating her. -BTB
#8MyioDenDox(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2010 10:06:27 PM
Well I took your guys advice and picked up AOTI and a Guardians License...I must say, it is actually quite different. The exp is nice so the first 30 levels weren't really much of a grind. New clothes, new areas...I like it. My gamertag is Finlazy, character is Aleister Crowley. Heh, could use a little help with class leveling though...it's too slow for my tastes :P
#9TBD2009Posted 1/23/2010 7:12:09 AM
I'm currently power-leveling the heck out of my Attack Technics (just have two left out of 34) for my Acrotecher... or I'd be more than willing to help out. If you're bad off for Mission Points, and are at least Level 20, I'd suggest running over to Parum and playing Egg Thieves. Even C runs give you a decent amount of MP. And, overall, Egg Thieves has THE best MP in the entire game. Hands down.

And if you still find yourself in need of help, MAG+ is coming, and there will be oodles of people wanting to team up for every difficulty level available. So you'll find someone willing and ready to play.

---
#10MyioDenDox(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2010 11:32:04 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]