Anyone else have random crashes to desktop when loading games?

#1KalirionPosted 5/7/2008 10:46:41 AM
It seems like a third of the time I quickload a game (or click 'yes' to load latest game upon death) Morrowind crashes to desktop. Anyone else have that? I have the GOTY DVD edition with both expansions installed, and the only mods are Better Bodies, Better Clothes, Darknut's Creature Textures, and the final Visual Pack.
---
"I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God." - George HW Bush
#2aged_hippyPosted 5/7/2008 12:07:13 PM

What Operating System are you running?

#3Kalirion(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2008 12:55:58 PM
Win XP SP2c
---
"I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God." - George HW Bush
#4aged_hippyPosted 5/7/2008 3:12:15 PM

Post your warnings.txt - it's in the Morrowind directory.

1. Have you been playing long?

2. Do you have many saves on view when at the "Load Game" screen? Morrowind can sometimes have problems parsing too many saves.

Some people find that quick-saves get corrupted, it pays to save in a fresh slot each time, never use quick- or auto-save, and never save over an existing save. At least - in my experience.

#5Kalirion(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2008 7:39:15 PM
Haven't been playing too long, and only have a few saved games.

Unique warnings (some have many occurances):

Not able to find Foot part in BC_shoes_common_2.
Not able to find Foot part in BC_shoes_common_1.
Not able to find Foot part in BC_shoes_common_4.
Not able to find Foot part in BC_shoes_common_5.
Not able to find Foot part in BC_shoes_expensive_2.
Not able to find Foot part in BC_shoes_exquisite_1_f.
Not able to find Foot part in BC_shoes_extrav_2_f.
Not able to find Knee part in BC_extravagant_pants_02_Mk.
Texture "Textures\_land_default.tga" count 3.
Texture "Textures\menu_thick_border_bottom_right_corner.dds" count 2.

---
#6aged_hippyPosted 5/8/2008 12:49:48 AM

None of those warnings are at all important, the "foot part" ones come from Better Clothes

The only thing i can recommend is that you install and use the Morrowind exe Optimizer v.1.7 available here: http://www.angelfire.com/games6/timeslip/morrow.html

More topics from this board...
Recommend some good mods.Hulkkis27/24 9:56PM