Head replacer mods

#1ChocolatlPosted 6/9/2009 10:07:06 AM
A lot of people ask "What mods should I get?" and Better Heads is usually mentioned.
I don't care for Better Heads, and think there are much better head replacer mods out there.

Here is a link to a post that links to some of the original NPC heads, and the way those same characters look in eight different mods, including Better Heads. (My favorite is #8) Have a look and decide for yourself.

www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=994490&hl=vivec

The download links are also provided there.
#2SilverAkakuPosted 6/10/2009 4:22:45 PM
Still think BH is the best, I'm honestly quite surprised how many of them screwed up with the census dude and Fargoth. Anyways, Emma's heads deserve a mention, they're not mainly for NPC use but they're available for a couple towns, at least...

Link: http://lovkullen.net/Emma/faces.htm
---
ANYBODY WHO HAS EVER DISPLAYED ANY EMOTION OTHER THAN HAPPINESS, LOVE, AND BOREDOM IS EMO. I KNOW BECAUSE THE INTERNET TOLD ME.-observer1258
#3Chocolatl(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2009 8:03:20 PM
I honestly can't imagine how anyone can like Better Heads. Most of them are so ugly, and don't fit the character at all.

IMO Better Heads completely ruined Redguards, Imperials and Orcs.
#4Earthbound_XPosted 6/10/2009 10:42:05 PM
Thanks for the links, comparisons are always helpful.
#5Chocolatl(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2009 11:59:22 AM
Well, I think it's important to have choices. If you really prefer Better Heads, okay, but a lot of people don't, and there are a number of other good mods to try.
#6Earthbound_XPosted 6/11/2009 1:17:23 PM
I'm pretty much gonna stick with Better Heads for now, and maybe try out Riptides Face, Armor & Clothing Replace, since it needs Better Heads to run.

But some of those packs looks pretty nice.