Morrowind PC Game with Xbox 360 Controller

#1SpudkittyPosted 7/31/2009 6:07:25 PM

I have Morrowind GOTY for the PC andWindows Vista 32 bit. I would like touse my X360 controller and have download the driver from Microsoft which connects the X360 controller to the PC. But I can't get Morrowind to recognize the controller. I have read that people have been able to play the PC version with an X360 controller, so I am wondering why mine isn't working.

Any ideas? I would appreciate some help from knowledgeable gamers!

#2Dash275Posted 7/31/2009 6:29:46 PM
Morrowind isn't really built for Joysticks. Use Xpadder to map keyboard keys to your Controller's buttons, and you should be able to play fairly decently with a controller.
---
Whom shall posses my dollars? - LesGonzesses
Join me in the quest to correctly revive the word "Whom!"
#3blueRatsPosted 8/3/2009 1:57:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjHcN4syBoI

^ this video shows you how to use Xpadder. I'm pretty sure it has a link in the description to download xpadder. I use it to play morrowind, among other games for PC. Works like a charm.
---
Let's not and say we did.
#4OnceUponAB10nd3Posted 8/4/2009 8:24:43 AM
Thanks for that blueRats. Will definitely give it a try once I get the green light from my bro (it's his comp >_>)
---
Styg
[...]you have to put your faith in a man first, before you put your faith in God. -- Keiu
#5SLayPosted 8/11/2009 3:53:14 PM
I used xpadder and the game is playin great. Hope you get it working.

---
Miami Hurricanes.
#6LikecherrycolaPosted 8/23/2009 3:07:46 PM
You need a plug and play USB device, or a wired controller. The charging station does not count as a wired controller, sadly.=/
---
God Bless LeftoverisGod-King of WCT Discoverer of the Enchanted Meadow
Grammar ain't my first language~FredCat07
More topics from this board...
Quest list (where is it)bc1284312/25 6:57PM