I can't install the unofficial patch, can someone help?

#1Mental_Gear_MK2Posted 6/1/2010 9:21:11 AM
I'm trying to install the unofficial Morrowind patch, version 1.64.

It just says to 'unzip them into the Morrowind directory'.

When I try to, winRAR just gives me a huge list of errors - every file is repeated, once with the message 'access is denied' and the other with the message 'cannot find the path specified'.

I'm trying to extract them to the 'Morrowind' folder in my program files. I've tried extracting them while the zip is in the folder, I've tried extracting them from elsewhere, but whenever I try to extract them to the program files folder I get these errors - I'm the only user on the PC, administrator account, so I don't see how it can be an issue with 'administrator permission' or somesuch.

Can somebody help? Thanks in advance.
---
Third account of Mental_Gear.
Was banned for jokingly suggesting honest consumers should spam the YouTube page of a filthy pirate. Some people are just dense.
#2ddraggyPosted 6/1/2010 7:06:15 PM
See if you can extract it onto the desktop or some other temporary folder. If that doesn't work, try redownloading the patch in case it got corrupted somehow. If *that* doesn't work, I suggest trying to download and unzip some other archive to see if it's a bigger problem unrelated to the mod.
---
Ribbit.
#3Mental_Gear_MK2(Topic Creator)Posted 6/1/2010 11:35:25 PM
Hmmm. Would unzipping it elsewhere and copying it in work?
---
Third account of Mental_Gear.
Was banned for jokingly suggesting honest consumers should spam the YouTube page of a filthy pirate. Some people are just dense.
#4ddraggyPosted 6/2/2010 10:49:49 AM
There's no reason why it wouldn't. It's just like any other esm/esp file; it doesn't edit your registry. In fact, never extract an archive directly to Program Files. Put it in a temp folder so that you can see what you're getting.
---
Ribbit.
#5ChocolatlPosted 6/2/2010 3:37:22 PM
I agree with that advice.

I never unzip anything directly into the data files. I use Autounpack, which creates a temporary folder for the mod, then move everything to the correct folder.
More topics from this board...
Random personality dropnjmongoose94/13 9:46AM