False Killer Whale

#1Simsrox77Posted 8/25/2008 3:03:59 PM

Im at the part of the game where you go into the mermaids cave, and i got to the white room and found the false killer whale. The game says your can befriend it and it will become your partner, but it wont for me. Is there something i need to do? I have tried twice now and it still isnt my partner. Thanks!

~also both those times i went diving with my other dolphin when i went to the false killer whale. is that why i can't make the false killer whale my partner?

#2dmaloufPosted 8/27/2008 3:08:26 PM

You need to get two "ticks" of information on any dolphin before they will become your friend. That means you need to visit them two seperate times (not sure if the two visits can be on the same day or not) - and get a tick each time. You get a tick by petting, whistling, and feeding it. I remember the FKW is a bit tough to get the first tick on - I think the whistle is the key. Anyway, after you get the second tick, go back to the boat. Kat will say something about having a visitor and will instruct you to go the deck on the back of the boat to greet him. That's when you're given the option to accept the FKW as your friend. This process is the same with all the dolphins.

"also both those times i went diving with my other dolphin when i went to the false killer whale. is that why i can't make the false killer whale my partner?"

No - it doesn't matter

#3ThrippaPosted 8/27/2008 6:16:30 PM
You have to go on different days. You only get one piece of information a day, although sometimes you can fudge it a bit if you dive before and after midnight; it seems to be calendar days rather than 24 hour periods.