Does what you do on a dive affect the animals on the boat when you return?

#1blackkenoPosted 12/19/2010 6:38:33 PM
I haven't done any testing on this, but it seems that the boat has fewer animals on it after uneventful dives. I don't intentionally dive, do nothing and return. I usually am pretty active in each dive and return to a boat with quite a few animals. I don't recall ever returning from an active dive to an empty deck (although I might have). But I have sometimes returned after quickly finding something that I was looking for (such as an easy photo request). Several times, I've returned to find the deck empty or with very few creatures, and it dawned on me that my dive was uncharacteristically very short or that I focused on few if any creatures. Recently this happened after a quick aquarium visit.

This causes me to wonder if what you do in the dive affects how crowded the deck gets. Does the length of the dive influence it? How about the number of creatures that are focused on? What about looking at glows? Or does activity with creatures such as petting or feeding them have an affect? Who knows, maybe even collecting treasures makes a difference.

Has anyone noticed anything like this or done any tested this hypothesis?
#2do_0mPosted 12/19/2010 7:57:45 PM
I've never really tested it. Maybe I could add it to the massive list of things I need to do. :p

I wonder if there is a document at Arika in Japan that explains all of the things we wonder about. That would be an interesting read.
#3blackkeno(Topic Creator)Posted 12/21/2010 1:25:18 PM
I had reason to do a couple uneventful dives.

The first one was pretty long. I was careful not to focus on any creatures although my cursor did pass over quite a few. When I returned to the boat, there were about three marine iguanas a bird on board.

The second dive was to a Tanganua Bay, a less populated area. Once again, I did not focus on any creatures. I was careful not to let my cursor did inadvertently pass over a fast moving school of fish. The dive was pretty short. When I returned to the boat, there were still several penguins and some sea birds.

Perhaps the dives don't affect the creatures on board.

Anyone else have other experiences?