whats the concenus of this game... and what do people feel about controller?

#1hydra dragonPosted 12/25/2012 8:48:03 PM
....only being the wiimote?

I just found this out today. damn weird playing this game.

does this game have a legacy? will it be remembered? because of its open co-opness... could you get your friends to come and play with you and enjoy it?
---
the past does not equal the future
#2DTY3Posted 12/27/2012 7:34:42 PM
Great great great game...rivals Kirby Super Star.

Controller is fine because Kirby is a simple game. Not like the awkwardness of Other M.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#3NextGen_TBPosted 12/30/2012 6:51:11 PM
There's... no complaining about controls, really...
---
It's better than logic, it's Nintendo Logic!
"....I completely, utterly, most profusely DESPISE Lucas... Lucas will NEVER be cool." - silversunsspu
#4DTY3Posted 12/30/2012 6:58:24 PM
NextGen_TB posted...

I sure can.

It wouldnt have killed them to add GC or CC (or even nunchuk) controls, seeing as you dont need motion controls to 100% this game at all.

And seeing as Dream Collection's challenge stages let you use all controls, there is no excuse.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
#5kirbymastahPosted 12/31/2012 5:25:13 AM
DTY3 posted...
NextGen_TB posted...

I sure can.

It wouldnt have killed them to add GC or CC (or even nunchuk) controls, seeing as you dont need motion controls to 100% this game at all.

And seeing as Dream Collection's challenge stages let you use all controls, there is no excuse.

However, the waggle controls actually enhance the few attacks it enhances. I don't see how mashing the d-pad is any way superior to waggling for charging up spark wave or hyper tornado (and it's actually slower too). The controls are fine, all you really need is a d-pad and two buttons for the most part, which the controls do fine. True, GC control option wouldn't really kill it, but using an analog control stick for the game wouldn't exactly be optimal...

The only complaint I see viable is the placement of the guard button; IMO it should've been put in the B button, so the guard button can be reached without having to take your thumb off of the d-pad.
#6DTY3Posted 12/31/2012 7:12:57 AM
Because waggling every five seconds just to do something simple gets really annoying.

Motion controls dont belong in that game. They belong in games like Skyward Sword, or any FPS, or party games. Not in a 2D platformer.

This game is the definition of forcing waggle.
---
#7avengahPosted 1/6/2013 5:50:01 AM
Analogue control would eliminate the need for having to double-tap to dash. I'm surprised SM3DL still has a run button, given that it has analogue control - with run being the same button as fireball / boomerang, it seems strange that they've done it that way.
---
My Pre-Hooktail Pit Run of Paper Mario: TTYD without Mega Rush P!
Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5045EE00B4B9581F
#8DTY3Posted 1/6/2013 8:08:41 AM
avengah posted...
Analogue control would eliminate the need for having to double-tap to dash. I'm surprised SM3DL still has a run button, given that it has analogue control - with run being the same button as fireball / boomerang, it seems strange that they've done it that way.

Not only that, but analog control would make it even EASIER to do Super inhale, or charge plasma, etc.
---
#9mahboiPosted 1/6/2013 11:17:36 AM
Dream Collection is the only game I've ever chosen the Wii Remote over the GCN. Something about the game feels really awkward with the analog. (And I couldn't get Super inhale to work well for the life of me.)
---
E means "Everyone", not "Eleven and under". Agrees: 52
I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior, and am proud of it.
#10kirbymastahPosted 1/7/2013 11:29:38 PM
DTY3 posted...
avengah posted...

Not only that, but analog control would make it even EASIER to do Super inhale, or charge plasma, etc.

However, it's impossible to charge plasma independently of moving with the d-pad if you map charging to d-pad or analog stick. Waggling with spark and tornado actually HELPS, since it's independent of d-pat. It really is not that forced, especially when it makes intuitive sense and isn't even all over the place...