Attn. Bartz_Fox: What happens after World 5/Final Boss? (MAJOR SPOILERS)

#61PhoenixRushPosted 10/21/2011 7:18:56 PM
In Kirby's Adventure/Nightmare in Dreamland extra mode had you go through the game with half health. I hope that's what it is here too, maybe with more enemies. BTW, when you go into the Lor Starcutter after the final battle, is Magolor not in it anymore or does the ship still look dark?
---
October 24th, gaming's most badass character returns with more skills in kicking ass and dancing than ever before. And he's not alone. BE READY.
#62Bartz_FoxPosted 10/21/2011 9:10:59 PM
@ACW1129 - In my opinion, no. Kirby is one of the most kid-friendly game series I've ever seen, and this game is no different.

@blazingkirbies - Please refer to the last couple pages of my thread for an answer to this.

@WhisperingDog - Here are the differences I have noticed between the main game and extra mode so far:

-Health is cut in half.
-Enemies vary in size. I've seen tiny waddle dees as well as gigantic ones!
-Collectable stars are outlines instead of the filled-in versions found in the main game.
-All bosses, minibosses, and sphere doomers are EX versions of themselves, and in some cases this gives them enhanced versions of their usual attacks.

@Phoenix - He remains on the ship and his dialogue is the same as when you're just about to fight Landia.
#63PhoenixRushPosted 10/21/2011 9:22:45 PM(edited)
Collectible stars? You mean the ones you collect for a 1-up? Does that mean if they're outlines if you grab them they give you nothing? Do enemies/bosses get more health as well? Thank you very much for all these details. Haven't anticipated a game this much in years.
---
October 24th, gaming's most badass character returns with more skills in kicking ass and dancing than ever before. And he's not alone. BE READY.
#64FighterkirbyPosted 10/21/2011 9:19:19 PM
So It's called EX MODE? That's awesome, the game just doubled in length for me. Are you able to save in this mode, and do you still need to collect Energy Spheres? Do you still have access to the HUB Starcutter? Does it replace your file? Or you can go back to old one.

I think the EX MODE in Kirby's Dreamland had Whispy Woods throwing Gordos at you. Did you see this as well?
---
Wii FC: 3144 5897-4654-3138
Warioware DIY: 2107-1388-4247
#65PlasdurockPosted 10/21/2011 9:22:25 PM
So I'm guessing you can only fight the final boss again after beating Landia again?

I'm guessing it goes from landia to the shooter sequence, to the final boss, huh?
---
Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities. Truth isn't. -Mark Twain
#66Bartz_FoxPosted 10/21/2011 9:59:05 PM
@phoenix - Aside from the cosmetic change collectable stars are the same. If bosses get more health it wasn't enough for me to notice. However, I did notice a sphere doomer using a new attack during a battle in EX mode, so their attacks are definitely improved in at least some cases.

@fighterkirby - All collectables are reset in EX mode, and saving is possible. The EX file is on the same screen as your regular file, so both games can be preserved. All plot events are reset as well, meaning the ship remains your home base.

I haven't fought wispy woods yet in EX mode, but I would assume he does the same thing in this game.

@plas - Yes and yes, but the final boss fight has three stages. One of them is at the end of the shooter sequence, and is separate from the last two phases.
#67FighterkirbyPosted 10/21/2011 10:11:16 PM
Wait... so after you beat the Final Boss... you don't have a HUB anymore?
---
#68Bartz_FoxPosted 10/21/2011 10:23:18 PM(edited)
@fighter - No, you still have a hub after the final boss in normal mode. You have one at all times.

Yes it's magalor's ship, look at my answer to phoenix close to the top of this page.

Also I just fought wispy woods ex. He has purple leaves and he dropped those spiked enemies as well as poisoned apples!
#69FighterkirbyPosted 10/21/2011 10:21:15 PM
But it's not Magalor's ship? If not was it it? Does it look the same? Like all your Copy Rooms and stuff.
---
#70tigerbunny281Posted 10/22/2011 6:43:30 AM
He just said it's Magolor's ship <_>