Very Hard mode... fun times

#1SoundjunkiePosted 5/25/2011 5:08:44 AM
i just completely a run through of normal and hard modes one after the other. first time i have played it since i originally finished the first xbox version. i haven't had any trouble whatsoever but i have just hit a brick wall starting very hard. its like playing an entirely different game and all the enemies have changed. its like i have to re think my entire approach to the game. any tips for clearing very hard?
---
The Mundane and the Magic
#2RazorX3Posted 5/30/2011 2:53:40 AM
Just remember the best combos each weapon has to offer, remember to wall spam whenever you can, and know when to block and when to strike against certain enemies. I can't help you much more than that unless you get specific about the area you're having trouble in. I was able to clear this game on VH (in NGB) and it definitely is a completely different game after Hard mode. Refer to youtube vids (also the Iberians NG realm website has alot of useful vids) if you need help in certain areas, other than that you just have to learn to be a ninja ;)
---
"Ninja Gaiden is quite possibly the best series ever to be brought back"
Number of people who agree: 11
#3Soundjunkie(Topic Creator)Posted 5/30/2011 10:31:02 AM
thanks for the reply, i am about to give the second alma encounter a go. i honestly have no idea how i got this far considering how incredibly hard the first chapter was. i have been abusing dabilahro UTs. second alma battle is the one i had most trouble with in normal and hard playthroughs. will prob take a break from sigma tho. just got sigma 2 in the mail.
---
The Mundane and the Magic
#4RazorX3Posted 6/12/2011 9:24:18 AM
That's funny because I started off playing NGS2 first but since I already beat it on the 360 for the most part I felt like I was playing the same game with some modifications so after beating it once and checking out the online mode (which proved to be pretty laggy) I kinda got into NGS and it instantly had me hooked because I was feeling the nostalgia of the original which is just a damn fun game no matter how many times I've beaten it (which is more times than I'd like to admit).

But good luck on 2nd Alma, I remember that boss fight always being a nightmare. I'd typically use the DS and FS her until she'd fall to the ground, that was always a nightmare though because sometimes she'd end up scooping me or something and if you don't distance yourself correctly before doing the FS then the results can be fatal.
---
"Ninja Gaiden is quite possibly the best series ever to be brought back"
Number of people who agree: 11