How do you defeat the Black Spider Ninjas? They're tough!

#1HakuMan111386Posted 3/22/2012 6:05:55 PM(edited)
I'm having trouble with them on Normal difficulty.
---
Name: ANTJF Brawl Friend Code: 3093-6768-2145
PSN: Scorpion1386
#2Diamond_DragonPosted 3/22/2012 11:07:47 PM
I totally hear ya. I got abused by these guys on Normal. Once you get used to them, they're not too bad, and by the end of Master Ninja, i was happy to see them because I could relax for a minute. Here's some tips that may or may not apply to your style of play.

Don't stand in the middle. If you find yourself there, try to get out with a flying swallow, but make sure where you land is not next to another ninja.

If you're hit with an incindiary shuriken, learn the timing. You can roll to avoid the explosion if you time it right.

Square Triangle and any combo in the air is useful, but be careful of their somersault cuts as they can knock you out of the air with that. You're invulnerable during the izunza drop and it will hit the others when you land.

Jumping on heads is good to try to find an opening.

Jump off a wall (not running along, but running up) and attack to come down with a powerful downward slash. You're invulnerable to everything on the way down, and the recovery time is pretty quick. (since you're invulnerable on the way down, with good timing you can avoid the blast from an incindiary shuriken this way as well)

Windmill shuriken is pretty useful against these guys. Throw it in the air and quickly follow it up with a triangle downard cut when their guard is broken. If I remember right, you can get this in the narrow hallway just outside the bar. You'll see it at the end of Chapter 4, but it ends before you can get it, so you'll have to wait until the begining of Chapter 6. Items move around on different difficulties though, but I'm pretty sure it's there.

Try to learn their combos. Right after they do their somersault cuts they're open to attack. If I remember right, the last cut breaks your guard, so you have to be ready to roll at them the moment that happens and you should be close enough to start a combo. If you watch close, they'll give away when they're about to do it.

If you get one alone and you time it correctly, you can continuously flying swallow him back and forth.

These are all tips with the Dragon Sword. I found that most effective against the spider ninjas. Once you learn their combos and understand when there's an opening to attack (or learn to create an opening) you should be able to fight them with any weapon. This will be helpful when they're with other enemies you find more difficult than them.

Hopefully some of this helps. Let me know if any of it is unclear. Good luck!
#3DevilKnightPosted 3/25/2012 9:43:55 PM(edited)
They're definately bastards for new players at first, but you'll get the hang of them after a while. The main advice I can give is to be moving pretty much constantly. If you aren't either moving or attacking, then have your guard up at the least.

The second bit of advice is to attack Michael Jackson style (off the wall) when swarmed in tight spaces, particularly the first encounter.

Izuna Drop is a great hard combo for the kill.

When you kill one and free up their essence; flipping away to some space and using it for an Ultimate Technique to clear up others is a good tactic. The landing charge is ideal for this. Basically, you hold triangle when your feet touch the ground from a jump and it begins the charge and absorption for the UT without the initial wind-up.

These Ultimate Techniques are a huge part of the game, if you aren't using them already. The charged levels are invincible and instantly kill most enemies, (often with area-of-effect for crowd control and some have steering ability) leaving increased essence after their death. When there's a spare piece of essence lying around in the area, beginning a UT charge will quickly absorb it and add a level to your charge.

A piece of yellow essence will up your charge level from 1 to an immediate blue level 2, or from 2 to max. 2 pieces of yellow essence means immediate max level. If you for-go a piece of healing blue essence for the UT charge, that one blue piece takes you straight to max.

You can preserve essence through not collecting it by keeping a distance from it, or by holding block. Use this info to be smart about how you use essence to your advantage according to the situation.
#4douglaslortPosted 4/5/2012 6:50:21 PM
I stoped playing this game because of these guys. The incidiary shurykens do a ridiculous amount of damage. Their attack, guard and formation are very cheap. I could deal with all the others enemies, trying to fight them over and over, but these guys.....
---
It's very satisfying to see how hard work makes you a better hunter
#5RazorX3Posted 5/4/2012 1:10:08 PM
douglaslort posted...
I stoped playing this game because of these guys. The incidiary shurykens do a ridiculous amount of damage. Their attack, guard and formation are very cheap. I could deal with all the others enemies, trying to fight them over and over, but these guys.....

Really? I just started to run away from them in ch. 4/ch. 5 because Ryu is too weak to fight them with just a DS and nunchuku IMO, but once I acquired the level 2 Lunar (or even better, the DC&TF) it was game over ;-)

Seriously, just spam combos with the Lunar or use the forward + Square move on them with DC&TF while blocking and rolling whenever you aren't fighting (here's a trick, if they land an explosive shuriken on you then try to roll as soon as it explodes and you won't take nearly as much damage) and you too can make those spider clan ninjas your b*tch!
---
Ninja Gaiden is quite possibly the greatest game ever to be brought back"
# of people who agree: 15
#6jurfi1Posted 5/7/2012 3:32:19 PM
I found a really easy way of fighting them. I block and hit square and triangle back and forth so when one attacks me i counter attack them. Usually hitting more than one of them. Just roll away from there bombs and rinse and repeat. The only thing you have to worry about is them doing the move were they roll behind you and stab you in the back but they rarely do that attack.
---
Im a Royal pain in the Ludroth!
Monster Hunter Tri: BaByEaTR