Mage Combos

#1Yuki SanadaPosted 9/22/2010 12:03:55 PM
Does anyone use any good mage combos?

Having no luck getting any of the good drops after battle. I use Thieves Magic & status effect spells while everyone else attacks with weapons.

Do I need to be doing staff or magic combos to be getting the drops?
#2Zerou_CoolPosted 9/22/2010 12:06:15 PM
IIRC everybody gets the same drop, it's all just a %, no equips or anything you can do make the chances of X dropping any higher. As for mage combos? I really WISH you could use Magic Combos. And have an AoE combo with a certain amount in that element. But I'd say, don't try to make any combos for mages. Use the AC for stronger spells or Seeker.
---
PsN : Ryuu_Hyuga(M)-Zerou_Cool(2) (Mainly Playing: MOVE!)
"PS Move makes the Wii look like an old school fat Gameboy with only 3 AA Batteries" ~ Me
#3SemiMasterPosted 9/22/2010 12:17:27 PM

There is zero credibility to that rumor.

If something gets broken, the whole group gets a copy. Your type of drops from death and rewards are purely based on the GR quest you are doing, the rank you get at the end and luck.

Nothing more.

#4Yuki Sanada(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2010 12:17:34 PM
Thanx for the info.

I was thinking it would be cool to have magic combos as well.

Hopefully I'll just get lucky!
#5flox25Posted 9/22/2010 1:50:53 PM

Some kind of "magic burst" that gives bonus damage, like the way it was done in FF11 at the end of askill chain, might make magic in combos useful. But in WKC the usefulness of magic at the end of a combo is non-existant.

#6Zerou_CoolPosted 9/22/2010 9:43:28 PM
It would be worth it if you could use the stronger spells or even an AoE spell at the end. But since they gimped the magic class, hopefully they make it better/fix it in the next one.
---
PsN : Ryuu_Hyuga(M)-Zerou_Cool(2) (Mainly Playing: MOVE!)
"PS Move makes the Wii look like an old school fat Gameboy with only 3 AA Batteries" ~ Me