Will the Servers shut down?

#1KingAvionPosted 6/18/2011 3:10:01 AM
I've read alot of specualtion, some people say the servers for WKC, won't be shut down when WKC2 comes out in August. Others howerver have said that the servers for WKC will be shut down to make way for the WKC2 servers, thus making it impossible for anyone to platinum WKC, that hasn't done so by that time.

I've had the game since it came out, but I have so many games that I just recently started to play it, it would really suck if the servers are shut down when WKC2 comes out, making it impossible for me ot platinum the first one.

So I guess the question is, does anyone know for sure what's going to happen to the WKC servers, when WKC2 is released?

Thank You;
#2AstroshakPosted 6/18/2011 5:08:07 AM
No clue.

But, since a solo platinum IS possible - difficult, but possible - a shut-down of the WKC servers will not preclude people from platinuming the game.
#3KingAvion(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2011 5:18:23 PM
I thought it was impossible to solo platinum, without the online quests, because there are only 51 quests in the main game, and I've read that some of them are just not possible to S rank alone.

I was planning on soloing it anyway, but will the online quests still be available, if the servers shut down, or will they disappear with the servers?

I always try to solo my games with online features, so long as there are no trophies that you have to have, said amount of people to get it. I'm even attemption to solo Final Fantasy 11 on my 360, which most people will say is 100% impossible, but I like to prove people wrong.

The only thing I have to worry about with that game is that because it is an MMORPG, if the servers for it shut down when Final Fantasy 14 comes out, I'll have no chance to get all achievments.

Thanks again;
#4zaltaborPosted 6/18/2011 9:00:09 PM
I would guess that if the servers do indeed shut down then it will no longer be possible to get those missing quests since as far as I am aware they will only unlock if you are online.

However once they are unlocked they stay unlocked permanently. Therefore for anyone who is worried about the servers shutting down all you need to do is simply put the game in and unlock those quests online and then you can go back to it later.
#5TelikoFreedmanPosted 6/18/2011 10:02:39 PM
If that were true, we'd have some of those Tier 1 quests back.
Like Greaver Hunt 1, In search of Swallowtails 1, etc.
---
WKC: Teliko, GR15 SS/LS/Spear/Axe/Divine
#6tisukoPosted 6/18/2011 10:04:38 PM
i would think they'd still be up with WKC 1 releasing with WKC 2. i havent been keeping up with these games lately, so i dont know how this will work.
---
+_AN|?+=E+ ?w?_+ i
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/2263/cavejohnson.jpg - yes, i would love to do that.
#7THE_WlNDPosted 6/19/2011 9:00:56 AM
considering that WKC2 uses the same geonet(in fact I can access people's towns who only have WKC1 just can't see their open rooms, we have like a mirror server on geonet) i find it extremely unlike they'll be shut down
---
PSN ID: The___Wind (3 underscores)
Astute Gamers http://www.astutegamers.com
#8zaltaborPosted 6/19/2011 11:11:03 AM(edited)
TelikoFreedman posted...
If that were true, we'd have some of those Tier 1 quests back.
Like Greaver Hunt 1, In search of Swallowtails 1, etc.

Good point but the Tier 1 quests have always been touted as temporary quests anyway. The others have always been regarded as permanently unlocked quests. I just think it probably best for people to unlock them whilst they can for whenever the servers do shut down in case of the possibility that they do become unavailable.

Besides the Tier 1 quests such as Greaver Hunt 1 etc are in WKC2 anyway and can be purchased in the guild.
#9dmljrPosted 6/19/2011 10:20:15 PM
the tier 1 quests only locked again because you went online when it was locked. if you had stayed offline you would still have them.

Its extremely unlike to get platinum if you offline. But just sign in once and get the extra quests unlocked and it very possible just extremely more time consuming.

The servers will probably be shut down if the users go away. Considering WKC2 is by a different publisher in the US. Chances are they are not using the same servers(if true WKC won't be shut down for WKC2) as EU or the same translation hence the delay.
---
psn id: dmljr xbox360 id : Sword of Dawn Wii: 0186 9165 8762 2178
#10ThatOneGuyStevePosted 6/20/2011 4:13:40 PM
Considering WKC2 is by a different publisher in the US. Chances are they are not using the same servers(if true WKC won't be shut down for WKC2) as EU or the same translation hence the delay.

Uh.. you do realized the publishing company is only responsible for selling the game, and actually has zero involvement in the programmed or running online servers for the game, right? That's why it's called a PUBLISHING company, and not DEVELOPER company.

And no, the WKC1 servers will not go down, because WKC2 includes a copy of WKC1, and both WKC: International and the WKC1 included with WKC2 use the same servers. If they took the WKC1 servers offline, they'd basically be ruining the online aspect of half the game they're just releasing.

Seriously.. people need to stop believing everything they read. It only feeds this country's ignorance.
---
If murder were legal, I'd play the genocide game.
Official Steve of the Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Board