Connection Error 4300?

#1twobellsPosted 7/21/2011 1:01:16 PM
I believe this is a time out error but cannot find any advice....:-(
Can anyone help, I am at my wits end, all the necessary ports are open and I even entered the PS3 mac ID in the router address reservation but it STILL throws me off GeoNet after two minutes!

setup:

Hardwire connection
Netgear WNR2000 router

All PS3 tests come back fine.
#2RagnawindPosted 7/22/2011 12:47:37 PM
twobells posted...
I believe this is a time out error but cannot find any advice....:-(
Can anyone help, I am at my wits end, all the necessary ports are open and I even entered the PS3 mac ID in the router address reservation but it STILL throws me off GeoNet after two minutes!

setup:

Hardwire connection
Netgear WNR2000 router

All PS3 tests come back fine.

I doubt it is a problem with your router or internet connection. You may want to try making sure UPnP is enabled, though, otherwise, you will need to make the PS3 your network's DMZ Host. If that still doesn't work, you can be sure it isn't a problem with the router with a 99.9% accuracy. The most likely case is server maintenance for the game. Many people can't access GeoNet properly during that time. Others have no problem, probably because the limit the amount of users that can stay online during maintenance. It may also be due to their server being on a slower one, since they are getting ready for WKC II's release.
#3twobells(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2011 12:58:45 PM
Finally some help!
I put the PS3 into the Netgears DMZ and that didn't help either so I said screw it and went direct from modem to PS3 and it STILL did it so I can only assume its server side.

What is really odd is that I can enter a room, chat to people trade and buy stuff but as soon as I start a quest...bam! 'connection error'....
#4RagnawindPosted 7/22/2011 3:29:00 PM
twobells posted...
Finally some help!
I put the PS3 into the Netgears DMZ and that didn't help either so I said screw it and went direct from modem to PS3 and it STILL did it so I can only assume its server side.

What is really odd is that I can enter a room, chat to people trade and buy stuff but as soon as I start a quest...bam! 'connection error'....

Do you know what it is next to the error code. Also, it could be a possibility that the servers quests are run on are too crowded, causing the problems. I also posted something on your topic for this in the WKC II boards, after finding more info about it. One solution was to find the MAC Address for the PS3 and input it into the modem with a static IP Address.
#5twobells(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2011 4:33:02 AM(edited)
Ragnawind posted...
twobells posted...
Finally some help!

Do you know what it is next to the error code. Also, it could be a possibility that the servers quests are run on are too crowded, causing the problems. I also posted something on your topic for this in the WKC II boards, after finding more info about it. One solution was to find the MAC Address for the PS3 and input it into the modem with a static IP Address.

Ragnawind, you are SO helpful thanks buddy.

What do you mean when you say:

Do you know what it is next to the error code.?

I did exactly waht you suggested and assigned a static ip to the mac addy and still have problems.
If going direct to the PS3 from the modem and bypassing the router entirely doesn't work and produces the same error code then I am inclined to believe the problem is server side.

I am trying to do BOOT CAMP I, perhaps I should try a different quest although I cannot see how that might make a difference...................

Also, every time I try no matter the hour of the day I get the same disconnection error code so it cannot be server maintenance can it?

oh and btw, I started an entirely new game and still had that error so it cannot be corrupted data.

There is only one last thing I can try and that is to reset the entire PS3 but for obvious reasons I am loathe to do that for one game especially as all the others work fine!
#6RagnawindPosted 7/23/2011 9:16:09 AM
twobells posted...
Ragnawind posted...
twobells posted...
Finally some help!

Ragnawind, you are SO helpful thanks buddy.

What do you mean when you say:

Do you know what it is next to the error code.?

I did exactly waht you suggested and assigned a static ip to the mac addy and still have problems.
If going direct to the PS3 from the modem and bypassing the router entirely doesn't work and produces the same error code then I am inclined to believe the problem is server side.

I am trying to do BOOT CAMP I, perhaps I should try a different quest although I cannot see how that might make a difference...................

Also, every time I try no matter the hour of the day I get the same disconnection error code so it cannot be server maintenance can it?

oh and btw, I started an entirely new game and still had that error so it cannot be corrupted data.

There is only one last thing I can try and that is to reset the entire PS3 but for obvious reasons I am loathe to do that for one game especially as all the others work fine!

It may just be a server side problem. They are getting ready to move to WKC II right now, after all.
#7twobells(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2011 10:07:15 AM
Ragnawind posted...

It may just be a server side problem. They are getting ready to move to WKC II right now, after all.

Oh I thought WKC & WKC II were on the same server?
#8twobells(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2011 2:59:26 AM
OMG, WTF!

I just completed Boot Camp I np....
No dc's at all.

Must have been either a server side error or ISP issue............

btw, want to hear something weird?
'connect' and 'disconnect' are banned words on GeoNet, try it out and see.
#9RagnawindPosted 7/24/2011 9:54:33 AM
twobells posted...
Ragnawind posted...

Oh I thought WKC & WKC II were on the same server?

Nope. That would cause compatibility issues between the two games. That is also why if you Import WKC International data to WKCII, your Geonet can no longer be accessed IN WKC International, since it is moved to the newer server.
#10twobells(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2011 11:50:22 AM(edited)
Well my happiness was short-lived, by the time noon came around it was back to constant dc's so I have given up for now, it was crazy spending hours connecting only to be thrown off the minute a quest starts.

I think that either Level 5 or Sony have really screwed the pooch on server stability here, it makes NO sense, I see hundreds of people playing with no problem yet some of us in the UK are having real issues.