Story difference between DS and iOS *spoilers i guess*

#1SSBBrulzPosted 10/10/2012 10:40:11 AM
So I've been hearing that square enix had to change something about the story from the DS to the iOS. I think it was something about the different planes. Could someone fill me in because I only got to play the iOS version and would like to know what I missed from the DS version. Spoilers are welcome, I already beat the game!
#2RinkuTanukiPosted 10/10/2012 12:59:14 PM
I don't know how it's handled in iOS, but in the DS version the Noise could only be fought and defeated on two separate planes- hence the top and bottom screens.
#3SSBBrulz(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2012 2:58:12 PM
Yea I know that's why there is 2 screen combat. But I remember seeing someone say there was a story element to the two planes. That's what I want to know
#4Probit_ReturnPosted 10/11/2012 12:30:07 AM
If I'm remembering it correctly (and I'm probably not, it's been a while, but someone can correct my errors), noise exist on a plain somewhere between the RG and the UG. When you enter a battle, players (and reapers, for those pesky taboo noise) are forcibly attuned to that plain, of which there are two "levels" that noise simultaneously exist on. In order to defeat noise, you have to be able to fight them on both levels, otherwise they'll just tear you apart and erase you (though you CAN get a victory using just the top or just the bottom screen. You just need to be able to combat them on both.) Also, psychs don't work unless you have a partner, and if you are in such a situation, you're forced to run, no matter how awesome your pins are.

Secret Report spoilers here. The reason reapers are also fought on two plains is because, as Mr. H writes in one of his reports, it is entirely possible for the essence of an erased player to be reformed into a noise (as was the case with Rhyme), or a reaper if it's strong enough. Reapers (and even angels) have noise forms, which means they're really not that dissimilar.
---
Hinako danced crazy