Help with building a plane.

#1ArriOnrpgPosted 8/7/2009 2:46:29 PM
I just got to Logbox 720, and it seems painfully obvious that most, if not all the challenges now are going to require air and sea. Not just land.

My problem is whenever I build a plane it always flies fine for a few seconds, then when the wheels come up, it starts to fall. I tried with one medium fuel, and one medium engine, as well as with one medium fuel, 4 small fuels, and one medium engine, so it CAN'T be that I'm running out of fuel, especially since I watched a youtube video of a guy who only has medium fuel/engine and flies perfectly.

What am I doing wrong? Even if I use a half built plane from mumbo, add on an engine, and wheels it STILL fails.

I don't have any problems at all if I try and make a flier with propellers...
#2XiviosPosted 8/7/2009 5:28:12 PM

I just got to Logbox 720, and it seems painfully obvious that most, if not all the challenges now are going to require air and sea. Not just land.

My problem is whenever I build a plane it always flies fine for a few seconds, then when the wheels come up, it starts to fall. I tried with one medium fuel, and one medium engine, as well as with one medium fuel, 4 small fuels, and one medium engine, so it CAN'T be that I'm running out of fuel, especially since I watched a youtube video of a guy who only has medium fuel/engine and flies perfectly.

What am I doing wrong? Even if I use a half built plane from mumbo, add on an engine, and wheels it STILL fails.

I don't have any problems at all if I try and make a flier with propellers...

You kidding right? The answer is right there. You need a propeller facing forwards or backwards to pull or push the plane through the air, otherwise, it's a glider with powered wheels. As soon as the wheels come up, it looses any means to move itself forward, looses lift, and crashes. Add a propeller somewhere, hell, the regular wings have attach points on the front you can use easy.

---
It's true what they say, the grass is always greener, and you don't really know what it is you have, until it's gone. Gone. Gone...-Conker T. Squirrel.
#3wobeePosted 8/8/2009 2:55:46 AM
But what if his plane is on a conveyor belt...

>_>
#4ArriOnrpg(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2009 9:25:32 PM

You kidding right? The answer is right there. You need a propeller facing forwards or backwards to pull or push the plane through the air, otherwise, it's a glider with powered wheels. As soon as the wheels come up, it looses any means to move itself forward, looses lift, and crashes. Add a propeller somewhere, hell, the regular wings have attach points on the front you can use easy.

Sorry, tried that in multiple ways, still doesn't work.

It does the exact same thing as before, except this time, it just falls slower.
#5wobeePosted 8/9/2009 12:33:37 AM
Uh... I really don't understand your problem. It's possible to make a plane with just a small engine, a small fuel, two wings, a prop on the front, and two wheels. It will fly.

You do hold down the trigger still, right? >_>
#6lwoody117Posted 8/9/2009 8:59:15 AM
dont put tonns of engines or fuel on. too much weight
---
XBL: Lwoody117 playing rf:g and battlefield 1943
Add me if you want to team up and mention that you're replying to this.
#7XiviosPosted 8/9/2009 10:12:47 PM
I'm sorry buddy, but you seem almost beyond help here. Place a small engine down. Place a seat behind it. Place a propeller on the front of it. Put a wing on each side of the motor and seat. Put 1 small wheel on the botton of each wings. Put a small fuel on the back of the seat. Put a small wheel on the back of the small fuel. Should look like this (sorry, uploads aren't working, so out comes the camera):

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/8822/img0323k.jpg

If you have them, replace the engine with a medium engine, the fuel with a medium fuel, and the propeller with a big propeller, to make a bigger, better (but still unequivocally bad craft).

Every plane is based on this concept, wings for lift, thrust for go.

---
It's true what they say, the grass is always greener, and you don't really know what it is you have, until it's gone. Gone. Gone...-Conker T. Squirrel.
#8hiddenuser2000Posted 8/10/2009 10:41:42 AM

the mythbusters did this...they proved that a plane can still fly even if it's on a conveyor belt
---
This topic is better than having a ***** made of chocolate that ejaculates money~Imarapublican07 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI
#9SteadySharkPosted 8/25/2009 7:42:50 PM

the mythbusters did this...they proved that a plane can still fly even if it's on a conveyor belt

Isn't that common sense though?

The whole reason that runways are as long as they are is so that the planes can build up their speed to the point of being able to take off - and since the plane is building speed (albeit not going anywhere), there isn't a problem. :P

It'd be kinda cool to just see a plane randomly shoot forward from a standstill though! :D

---
GT = SteadiestShark - When will there be an edit button?
http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/SteadiestShark.png
#10wobeePosted 8/25/2009 7:54:18 PM
But what about a helicopter on a turn table? EH? EH?