Halo mod

#1WolfewoodPosted 4/27/2008 6:47:17 PM
Would it even be possible to make a mod that sets the game in the Halo universe? I think it would be pretty cool to watch space battles (think of the Halo books) and travel to all the diferent planets.
#2p8ntballermanPosted 4/27/2008 8:54:22 PM
Not enough planets in the story to make is a Halo Universe, sorreh buddeh
---
"Sorry, I can't see past your point there, Mister TC."
#3ferucoPosted 4/27/2008 9:03:36 PM
...what story? You don't need to put an entire galaxy of planets on one map... You can create scenarios using specific star systems, like the warhammer 40k folk do.

You want to alter ship models to match Halo designs? Go for it. The only problem is that there's no ground warfare or ship-to-ship boarding battles in the Sins engine, so you lose the majority of the Halo universe. Not worth it, in my opinion, unless you're a Halo junkie with great digital art ability. Even then, waste of your talents.
#4p8ntballermanPosted 4/27/2008 9:31:59 PM
True, but!

The ships are probably better designed than Sins ones and the planets are not in abundance and you cant recreate alot of battles
---
"Sorry, I can't see past your point there, Mister TC."
#5RaeliquaePosted 4/28/2008 6:52:32 AM

Actually, might be shunned for mentioning this but.... Homeworld 2 has an excellent Halo mod well its still in the making but it looks fantastic.

Anyway what actual mods are there for Sins? Been trying to find some for ages other than the ones on GS download page. Also awaiting the Babylon 5 mod looks really good.

#6Ghost1800Posted 4/30/2008 3:24:36 AM
I'm no expert, but wasn't humanity getting it's ass kicked in the space battles? Not sure how you could even it out while remaining semi-accurate.
---
"They can't see me, I can't see them!"
http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=13418 Best Oblivion mod EVER
#7p8ntballermanPosted 4/30/2008 9:58:17 PM
Well, somewhat if you read the books, we won some, but we lost alot.
---
Hey, you, Bob carrying my second pistol! Lets go!
#8sol_blade22Posted 5/1/2008 8:55:49 PM

Human ships-Civil war soldiers

1 shot every ******* minute

#9p8ntballermanPosted 5/1/2008 10:08:33 PM
actually, the PIllar of Autumn has alot of cannons and turrets
---
Hey, you, Bob carrying my second pistol! Lets go!
#10RaeliquaePosted 5/2/2008 12:19:11 PM
Pillar of Autumn had a triple charged Guass/rail gun, capable of firing three successive shots which was enough to cripple and if lucky destroy a Covenant cruiser. But the the Pillar was a Halcyon *Advent? hehe) cruiser known for its resillience so it kinda was better than other ships of the same size. However it was through sheer luck and tactics that won it for the UNFC (no matter how few there were).... Covenant were just better.