Happiness updates in the Inn minigame

#1glibdudPosted 2/15/2008 3:52:13 PM
Ok, so I've got the main story of Professor Layton and the Curious Village all done, and I've found and solved all of the puzzles. The only part of the content within the story that I haven't completed is the Inn room decorations. I thought I recalled early on being able to move things around and instantly see changes in the Happiness of the fellas. But now, they seem to be frozen. I'm tossing all sorts of stuff back and forth between them, but they're both stuck at the same point... the bar ends just before the last pixel column of the 'n' in 'happiness'. I loaded the Professor's room up and emptied Luke's out a bit, ran around a bit and even gave it some real time, but they're not budging. Anyone know how that whole thing works? I don't wanna know what needs to go in each room, I just want to know how to check how I'm doing with it.
#2PaullPosted 2/15/2008 3:56:59 PM
what i did was get to a threshold on one of them where a single item bumps the score up for one person and move things back and forth to determine which lowered it and which didn't seem to affect the score. i seperated them by placing the necessary things to the top and optionals to the bottom. i then did the same for the other side, then started shifting optionals around.
#3prototypezeroPosted 2/15/2008 3:59:38 PM
Luke:
- Cream Rug
- Blue Bed
- Stuffed Bear
- Bookcase
- Pile of Books
- Television
- Simple Chair
- Desk
- Reading Lamp
- Violin
- Globe
- World Map

Layton:
- Everything else
---
|Game Info|Tabs that the intellectually challenged seem to miss.|Game Saves|Reviews|Here, they need to learn to search.
#4Gamemaster64Posted 2/15/2008 4:14:43 PM
try to look for items that are too close to each other to be right
---
I think I might be the most sigged person in the FFXSB right now... -noneofyourbusiness
#5glibdud(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2008 5:53:31 PM
I've loaded up the Professor's room and given Luke 10 items that he's not too thrilled about, but STILL both their Happiness ratings are frozen in that same spot. Is it a bug, or am I missing something?
#6Gamemaster64Posted 2/15/2008 5:55:47 PM
well you could follow the list above. also do you have all the items? I think it 30.
---
I think I might be the most sigged person in the FFXSB right now... -noneofyourbusiness
#7agenttanPosted 2/15/2008 6:07:30 PM
i think i am missing one item... i have 29
---
Genius has limitations, but stupidity is boundless.
Proud 20,000,000th Topic Creator
#8glibdud(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2008 6:33:52 PM
Yes, I have all the items. And as stated above, I don't want to be TOLD where the items go. I'd rather figure it out for myself. But that sort of requires that the Happiness system actually works...
#9Darkling183Posted 2/15/2008 9:47:37 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10Darkling183Posted 2/15/2008 9:54:11 PM
There are some items that don't increase Luke's happiness or Layton's happiness on their own.

Layton seems to like his room cluttered, though, so put everything that doesn't visibly increase Luke's happiness into Layton's room.

Also, play around with the items you give to Luke. I found that sometimes Layton's verbal response to a particular item seemed more positive than Luke's, but the item was actually better placed in Luke's room.