The Million Dollar Question for the PSN version

#1sibladekoPosted 10/5/2011 9:56:23 AM
Is the slowdown significantly less or gone?
The test I want is the Netherworld, I will accept nothing else.
The boss witch with the undead fish.
You know the one, the one that made you shut off the PS2 or resort to emulating the game on PC or whatever you did out of rage.
This really makes or breaks it for me.
---
Random Japanese Gaming
http://www.youtube.com/sibladeko
#2ZantagorPosted 10/6/2011 7:31:38 PM(edited)
Well, I got to Odette, and even though I got my ass kicked, I got her health to halfway, and didn't experience any slowdowns whatsoever!

I screencaptured it with my dazzle
http://www.justin.tv/zantagor/b/296854880

---
XBL GamerTag, PSN: Zantagor
currently playing: Xenoblade, Path of Exile Beta, Hellgate, Wizardry.
#3sean2995Posted 10/6/2011 11:48:58 PM
Still would like move evidence =) Few more fights that had the major lag. Looks good though, the lag was when odette did her attacks.

Also another huge one was the pooka cafe loading times. Really long loading in and out. 20 sec at least.
#4ZantagorPosted 10/7/2011 6:15:15 AM(edited)
sean2995 posted...
Still would like move evidence =) Few more fights that had the major lag. Looks good though, the lag was when odette did her attacks.

Also another huge one was the pooka cafe loading times. Really long loading in and out. 20 sec at least.

God, stupid me, that was the wrong video,
here http://www.justin.tv/zantagor/b/296854489

I tried to shorten it by making the other one, and I sliced it at the wrong place, sorry.
And pooka cafe loading times are below 5 seconds.
---
XBL GamerTag, PSN: Zantagor
currently playing: Xenoblade, Path of Exile Beta, Hellgate, Odin Sphere, X3: Terran Conflict.
#5BakunyuPosted 10/7/2011 11:55:52 PM
No game breaking lag for me, fought Odette twice so far and there wasn't even any slowdown. Only minor and temporary slowdown I've experienced was at times when killing 5~6 enemies at once and having 3~4 chests drop from them, normal speed resumed as they disappeared and it was not horrible slow down in any way.

Everything loads fast and the game is very responsive for me :)
#6SpherixPosted 10/9/2011 7:34:03 AM
Thanks for the evidence, Zantagor. That does look significantly better, even more so than running the NA release on a BC PS3. Hard to say how it compares to the PAL release. I saw a video a long time ago of that, but it's since been removed, and I don't know whether it was running on a PS2 or PS3. Some of the PAL changes seem desirable, like having another way to beat oozes, but using subtitles instead of the dialogue boxes kind of irks me... So maybe the PSN version is the best one available. I'll probably pick it up the next time I sit down to play Odin Sphere again.
#7betamax66Posted 10/9/2011 10:49:07 AM
Loading times are swift. Haven't seen any of this 20 second loading stuff?
#8SpherixPosted 10/10/2011 9:13:02 AM
On a PS2, entering the Pooka Cafe or Kitchen took 30 seconds, give or take. On a BC PS3, it was cut almost exactly in half, taking 15 seconds on average. I don't remember any other transition in the game taking anywhere near as long.