Any good sites to download user made objects/mods?

#1modernmilitaryPosted 6/2/2009 1:11:16 PM
I was just curious if there are any sites with user made objects yet - I know it's early, but in the EA store you can download "user customized" items for free. Any sites to look out for in a couple weeks after the modders/creators have been given some time?

---
People can no longer cover their eyes - if this disturbs you then walk away
#2SlurpicusPosted 6/2/2009 1:12:11 PM
modthesims.info
---
E.T.- the game that made Deadly Towers look like Final Fantasy.
#3TokokonoPosted 6/2/2009 1:29:45 PM

I'd suggest Parsimonious. Parsimoniouskate (who I think is the head admin) was featured at the Creator's Camp, and she made some stellar sets of objects and clothing for both The Sims and The Sims 2. I'm looking at the site now, and it looks like they're going to shut down for a bit to re-organize and get ready for The Sims 3 content to be posted. It says it should be back up by tomorrow, so you may have some stuff right there. Not sure yet, the news post wasn't very specific.

www.parsimonious.org

#4wanderzPosted 6/2/2009 1:34:12 PM
well unfortunately... while i know from past experience that is a great website, if you set it for sims 3 you get...

Latest Downloads from the past 2 weeks: Showing 0 results

i believe the best place for stuff so far is the official sites exchange... to bad i forgot my login info.. it's been a long time for sims 2.
---
Am i the only one that finds it odd that there were cars over 20 years ago that got more then 50 mpg, and now car companies brag about 30 mpg?
#5chris1074Posted 6/2/2009 1:34:17 PM

I don't think we'll be seeing any mods or users made objects for awhile. It took months for one to come out for Sims 1 and 2 when it was released. However, there are so many good computer wizzard these days I'm hoping to see something sooner. My favorite site for downloads is thesimsresource.com

they charge a small fee for membership but it's very cheap and well worth it because it has such a large community and thousands of sims object downloads. There's also free downloads too for non-members if you don't want to subscribe, but that's just one of many good sites. The power of Google is your friend!

#6wanderzPosted 6/2/2009 4:36:04 PM
It took months for one to come out for Sims 1 and 2 when it was released.

not true.. maybe sims 1, but sims 2 had user created content very shortly after release..

as for sims 3.. there actually is stuff out there.. the official site has stuff created by people, not mods really but at the very least sims and houses... of course to use it directly from there you need to sign up with the site, register your game, install the download manager (that's the part i refuse to do) search and download each then install them...
i'm hoping someone will make a nice zip of a bunch of files... single object downloads are tedious.
---
Am i the only one that finds it odd that there were cars over 20 years ago that got more then 50 mpg, and now car companies brag about 30 mpg?
#7hockeyruler12Posted 6/2/2009 4:38:26 PM

thesimsresource.com is making a Sims 3 toolset as we speak. Don't worry, the mods will come eventually.

#8HaruhikoFFXIPosted 6/2/2009 4:39:33 PM
I know people are fast but.. didn't this game come out today? O.o Give them a little bit to stock up and learn..
#9wanderzPosted 6/3/2009 4:13:09 AM
http://www.modthesims.info/browse.php?gs=2&f=38&showType=1

the first couple files!!

a no intro mod.. skips the intro movies when you start the game... also sets it up for custom content :)

and one set of new patterns.. with instructions, BUT..

if you install the no intro mod it'll take care of the setup for custom content, so do that first then you can just put the patterns in the new mods/packages folder the no intro created.
---
#10Angelus_2007Posted 6/3/2009 5:49:55 AM

http://sims3.modthesims.info/

This is the main page for the stuff wanderz was talking about. No custom meshes yet, and there is obviously no need for recolors, but custom patterns are cool. It is a start.