Official Non-final/Unauthorized Version Solution/How-to

#1gottaluvme2841Posted 6/2/2009 10:41:30 PM
If you are receiving a message in your Sims 3 Launcher that displays,

"You are playing a non-final, unauthorized copy of The Sims 3.

Purchasing and registering an official copy of The Sims 3 will entitle you to benefits including access to an entirely new game town called Riverview, 1000 SimPoints which can be redeemed for game objects in The Sims 3 Store, and access to The Sims 3 Exchange."

then you are either using an illegal copy of the game or your legally purchased disc came with an older version installed.

To make sure you are using a legit copy of The Sims 3, you will need to check the version number. This can be checked by looking at the version number at the lower left of the Launcher, or by checking your disc's version.

You can check the version of the disc by opening a file called "skuversion.txt", what you should see is below:

GameVersion = 1.0.631.00001
Code:0.DL-0.0.11195
Asset:1.Content.Devtest.1397
Thumbnails:1.Thumbnail.dl.933
TCC:1.TCC.dl.1209
CiderVersion#002432

What we are looking at is the "631", this must be 631 or higher. Anything lower is a leaked, old, or illegal copy of the game and will continue to give you the message.

If the version of your game is correct but you still recieve this message, then you will need to clear your cache from your browser. The reason is because the launcher is partially web based and loads web pages within it.

To clear the cache, you will have to open your browser and find the correct place to do so.

Internet Explorer
1. Click on Tools.
2. Click on Properties
3. Under the General Tab, look under Browsing History and click the Delete button.
4. Click Delete Temporary Files.

Firefox -
1. Click on Tools
2. Click on Clear Private Data
3. Make sure "Cache" is checked
4. Click the Clear Private Data Now button.

Safari -
1. From the Safari menu, click Empty Cache.
2. When asked Are you sure you want to empty the cache?, click Empty.
3. From the Safari menu, click Preferences
4. From the Security dialog box, click Bookmarks.
5. Click Show Cookies.
6. From the Cookie dialog box, click to choose a cookie, and click Remove. Note: Alternatively, if you want to delete all cookies, click Remove All.

If you are using any other browsers, you should check tools or properties of that browser and find where the temporary files and/or cache is stored so you can remove/delete them. If you cannot find this, then search on google to find out how. Simply put in the name of your browser and "clear cache", and results should show up.

if you have done this and the game is still not working, and you're sure that it is the legal copy of the game. You will want to contact EA Support and explain to them your problem and obtain warranty information and request for a replacement for your copy with the current version.

I hope this helps everyone out there that may still be having this issue.

---
Support the dream of one, and many others: http://cinemaforthedisabled.blogspot.com/
GT: James Burton | PSN: James_III
#2Simply_AbstractPosted 6/3/2009 11:42:06 PM
It didn't work for me...
#3frozen_flamesPosted 6/4/2009 2:29:51 AM
THANK YOU!!!

I should of thought of this when the store link that briefly appeared kept trying to force me to use IE despite Chrome being my browser, yet it somehow slipped my mind, however, in addition to the cache, I also had to clear my cookies, before it would work, so anybody who has no luck with clearing just the cache, may want to try that too.
---
"Hallowed are the Ori"
look at my spore creations: http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Ignika
#4illusionturtlePosted 6/4/2009 3:37:00 AM
GameVersion = 1.0.631.00001
Code:0.DL-0.0.11195
Asset:1.Content.Devtest.1397
Thumbnails:1.Thumbnail.dl.933
TCC:1.TCC.dl.1209
CiderVersion#002432

What we are looking at is the "631", this must be 631 or higher. Anything lower is a leaked, old, or illegal copy of the game and will continue to give you the message.

Actually, the other leaked version is 1.0.631.00002, and it also does not give a message about being unauthorized or non-final, so you are a bit wrong there. The message might also be caused by a CD Key in the registry belonging to a leaked version played previously, according to some guy in another topic.
---
Playing: The Sims 3 | BLEACH Heat The Soul 6 |
Watching : Terminator Salvation | Terminator 2 Judgement Day | Who Am I |
#5matt-astrPosted 6/5/2009 6:34:39 AM

Yep, this works.

But, not matter what your default browser is, the launcher seems to use Internet Explorer, hence having to clear Internet Explorer's catche, not your normal browser's catche.

#6gottaluvme2841(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2009 4:10:14 PM

illusionturtle--

Actually, the other leaked version is 1.0.631.00002, and it also does not give a message about being unauthorized or non-final, so you are a bit wrong there. The message might also be caused by a CD Key in the registry belonging to a leaked version played previously, according to some guy in another topic.

How am I wrong here...? Sure one of the leaked versions is "631" but I didn't say there wasn't. I said anything LOWER then 631 is a leaked, old, or illegal copy of the game and will provide the error message. This message is purely simple to fix by installing a version that is 631 or higher, preferably a legal copy for a guarantee then clearing the cache. No need to remove serials or anything I believe, since the new serial will overwrite it or something.

Internet Explorers will need their cache cleaned, since that is the default for the Launcher on PC users. However, Safari will need to have the cache clean I believe for Mac users.
---
Support the dream of one, and many others: http://cinemaforthedisabled.blogspot.com/
GT: James Burton | PSN: James_III
#7SolgathPosted 6/6/2009 6:27:12 AM
yeah, it didn't work for me either, i cleared both my browser cashe and it still comes up, i know i have a legit version cause i'm looking at my sims3 account info and it say my game is registered, so i dunno what the deal is.