Sims not getting pregnant? Please help!

#1nightmare_queenPosted 6/6/2009 2:03:05 PM
Okay, I've had this problem for awhile and NOW it's really starting to grate on me. The problem is this: When I got my two sims (both adults) to try and have a baby (yes, by clicking the 'try for baby' button), they woohoo'd and nothing happened.

When this FIRST happened I tried a bunch more times (still clicking the 'try for baby' button) and STILL nothing happened-no lullaby or any indication that the girl might be pregnant (including the fact that the 'try for baby button' was still there when I clicked on her husband).

This has happened so far in all the families I've played in both Riverview and Sunset Valley. I'm seriously starting to get frustrated with having to adopt every time my Sims want a baby (not that I mind adoption, it's just I'd like my sims to create a kid for once).

Please help! Is this something I can personally fix or is it just a problem with the game that I have to wait for a patch for?
#2drig44Posted 6/6/2009 2:04:14 PM
You have to choose try for baby several times, it may take 20 times before the sim gets pregnant, it will tell you when it happens though.
#3chibi-acerPosted 6/6/2009 2:04:48 PM
I haven't tried to have a baby yet, but there is a Fertility life reward you can buy. It's supposed to increase the chances of having a baby.
#4LucaviItzaruPosted 6/6/2009 2:24:53 PM
Maybe it depends on the relationship status?

I mean, I created a male and female sim, and the first thing I had them do was Try For Baby. Pregnant the first time. They've had three children, each one resulted from an instant pregnancy from the Try For Baby option.
---
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n145/shokudan/bartznotamused.jpg
I didn't think anyone would like my Bartz photoshop enough to put it in their sig!
#5nightmare_queen(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2009 2:30:48 PM
I have hit the 'try for baby' button so many times it's insane-and as far as their relationship goes they're at a perfect hundered with each other.

Hmm.
---
<3 Resident Evil 4 <3
#6ArdusPosted 6/6/2009 2:41:40 PM
Try getting the Fertility lifetime reward.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
#7nightmare_queen(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2009 2:43:55 PM
I'll try that lifetime reward-see if that helps me any.
---

<3 Resident Evil 4 <3
#8RustyhookjPosted 6/6/2009 2:49:11 PM
Maybe your dude is shooting blanks? IYKWIM
---
>:3
#9McMastersPosted 6/6/2009 4:48:26 PM
What kind of traits do they have? I have a family oriented sim and every time it's instant pregnancy. Perhaps you choose something that lowers the chance of pregnancy? Like mentioned above I would try the fertility award.
#10TheBloodRedPosted 6/6/2009 4:51:17 PM

Something to note is that a sim is most likely to consent to Woohoo than "Try for Baby". Depending on their traits they might not want a child or may not be as fertile as sims who want a family. Just keep trying and have your relationship status as high as possible. If one sim says no, get that sim that said no to ask the other(playing god yay!!).

If the idea annoys you of not getting kids right away, just make them in the Create a Family mode ahead of time. D: