Help! My sims 3 is not loading!

#1newt9coolioPosted 7/26/2009 3:36:22 PM
First off,
I have downloaded a few mods from modthesims2, a pattern or two from lianasims3 and some stuff from the sims 3 store, and now my game won't load. I get in through all the "previews" before the loading bar comes up, then it starts loading and it just shuts down and there's my desktop, no sims 3 running. I've deleted all the mods I could find (I also downloaded the sims 3 helper monkey, and I don't know where that puts the mods) in the files you put them in, but it still does the same exact thing and I don't want to remove all of my custom content! Please Help!
#2AlicaKatePosted 7/26/2009 3:39:57 PM

OMG! OMG!

Sorry, I like to mock people.

With the Installer Monkey, the .package files are put in your Program Files area of TS3. You were SUPPOSED to make a Mods folder in your TS3 folder for where they go. Did you do that?

And you SHOULD take out all your CC and see if the game runs. And I mean ALL of it. Then put it back one by one, test your game, and if you find the problem, let the creator know.

#3SunDish9214Posted 7/26/2009 5:10:51 PM
A) You are missing the resource file
B) You forgot to take it out upon deleting mods.
---
A live wire, barely a beginner but just watch that lady go
She's on fire, 'cause dancin' gets her higher than anything else she knows
#4newt9coolio(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2009 6:03:46 PM
Okay, thanks :) I guess I'll just have to take out the cc (then I'll reload the other stuff that I had before my game went crazy)!
#5SunDish9214Posted 7/26/2009 6:04:45 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6newt9coolio(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2009 6:26:21 PM
So I deleted all of my custom content, and it's still not working, I'm not sure what to do I've already refreshed my computer twice! Gah, the problems with these games!
#7BmkhPosted 7/26/2009 8:04:08 PM
Awesomemod can cause crashing when you first load the game.