Pink Diamonds...

#1_white_rabbitPosted 9/8/2009 1:38:27 PM

My sim randomly found one, and had it cut into the Heart shape and stowed in her inventory saved all safe and sound. After switching households and returning it had disappeared. It was worth $7,000!!! Point of rant: I earned enough life points to get her the Collection Helper reward but even that hasn't helped me to find another.Arethere certain places where certain Gems spawn or is it completely random and sporadic??? Gems are my "get-rich-quick" plan, and Pink Diamonds help said plan. A LOT.

#2Stickman11149Posted 9/8/2009 3:15:43 PM
Gems are entirely random. To my knowledge there isn't any location in the game that affects the probability of finding a specific gem over another. The only thing you can really do to improve your chances is just collect as many as you can in one day so more respawn, thus giving you more places to hopefully find a pink diamond.
---
Nemesis? Friend to children everywhere, weak, and useless. ~DarkGidora, RE:A
#3chuamishaelPosted 9/9/2009 5:05:49 AM
Next Time, don't put items in the inventory it's not safe.
Display it in a room or put them on top of a table. the game will recognize the item as furniture
when changing household.

I don't know there is a pink diamond int the game, only have Pink panties for my sims :lol:

Try Lucky Traits. I collected all insect and butterflies this way. including the super rare Rainbow Butterfly.
#4Ironhat2Posted 9/9/2009 8:35:48 AM
I would suggest you also put a security alarm next to each outer door. That's one of the first things i put in a new house. Don't want some thief running off with your jewels and top end tv etc..
---
Check your six !
#5_white_rabbit(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2009 1:22:44 PM

Thats why they ended up in my inventory! I'd been robbed twice and thought instead of risking some b**tard theif stealing my precious jewels I'd stash them. I should've put them in my family inventory. Grrr.

#6EiganPosted 9/9/2009 2:14:51 PM
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Gems#Pink_Diamond_Spawn_Locations

Assuming you're playing Sunset Valley, try those locations. I've gotten Pink Diamonds from the 1st and 3rd locations listed there.
---
This you should vote me. I leave power! Good. Thank you. Thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes. They'll be lower...son. -Dennis, on Charlie's speech
#7_white_rabbit(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2009 3:00:43 PM

Sorry I forgot to say I'm playing Riverview!!! My bad.

#8NightHawk7535Posted 9/9/2009 5:58:17 PM

Pink Diamonds don't seem to be that rare in my current Sunset Valley. I usually go out every two days to collect gems and I find at least one Pink Diamond every time I go out. Now Rainbow Gems on the other hand, I've only ever found one of those and it was on my very first sim about 2 months ago.

#9chuamishaelPosted 9/9/2009 10:14:45 PM

Hey there are pink diamonds in the catacomb.

along with some mysterious gnome. explore them.

if you have moodlet manager, it helps.

#10_white_rabbit(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2009 12:24:02 AM

Thanks, I didn't even think of that. I'll try it. :D