Forever Young

#1JuegoConFuegoPosted 11/29/2009 1:14:22 AM
My sim has a son who is living with her ex-husband. He grew up from a toddler to a teenager, but it seems like he's been stuck in the teenager phase forever. I breifly screwed around with the aging of my sims, and I was wondering if that somehow messed up the natural aging even when I returned the game to the default settings. Basically, how long is this kid supposed to be a teenager?
#2_white_rabbitPosted 11/29/2009 1:36:40 AM

A ridiculous amount of time compared to the other stages - I think its almost 30 days?

#3_white_rabbitPosted 11/29/2009 1:37:35 AM

Sorry, thats on Long lifespan, where the YA stage lasts 40 days, for comparison reference.

#4the_mighty_ankhPosted 11/29/2009 1:40:21 AM
As soon as he has an A in school, have him blow out the candles of a birthday cake. That will do it and allow you to choose the trait he develops.. In the first tab, the simology one, it says how close your sim is to aging, but that really only has bearing on young adults, adults, and elders unless you want to keep your sim young for as long as it takes him to age naturally, which would be good if you want him to accumulate lifetime happiness and build skills.
---
I am not a unicorn.
#5JuegoConFuego(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2009 8:31:34 AM
I wish I could have the teen blow out candles and trigger the aging process, but he's not part of the active family. Now it looks like my other sims are having aging issues too. Right before a mother and son were about to age up, their bars were set back to zero for their current stages. Although I don't mind the mother staying younger for a bit, it seems like her kids don't want to grow up...=/
#6theRunawayPosted 11/29/2009 9:36:29 AM
This is an issue with the 1.7/2.2 patch. Awesomemod fixes it from what I hear, and I'm going to try it now...
---
www.last.fm/user/rrrrrmmmmm
#7JuegoConFuego(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2009 10:38:23 AM
Sorry to sound like such a n00b, but what is awesome mod exactly?
#8Francis_NerrrrrPosted 11/29/2009 10:40:48 AM
The awesomest mod around.

http://alpha.moreawesomethanyou.com/ts3/awesome/rtfm.txt

It does all that.
---
UF 12-0
but yeah randi, i hope you grow without a husband and die young from cancer - TURTLECAKE
#9JuegoConFuego(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2009 11:54:06 AM
So appearently my sims' age bars reset every time they change their appearence in the mirror, and awesome mod would correct this bug. However, this does not seem to explain why my teen sim from an inactive household is still a teenager, other than the default game setting that keeps him as a teen for a very long time...
#10grobocopPosted 11/29/2009 6:30:49 PM
I thank ALL of you SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much i FINALLY got it to work again thanks so much!!!
---
If you are Christian and 100% proud of it then put this in your signature
GT: Grobocop Jr.