Can't have a baby

#1Jug-KaperPosted 4/18/2010 8:36:49 PM

i'm being trying for a baby on my sim for countless times. But i never hear the baby tone. I have no mod and my patch is all updated, also she is not on the verge of being an elder. So any advise?

#2Cute-BabyPosted 4/19/2010 1:34:27 AM
early menopause maybe.
#3Dwes_TrueheartPosted 4/19/2010 2:54:59 AM
Meh. I always hated that My sim could never marry one person and go have kids with another. Always seemed like whoever wasn't the one I was controlling turned down the woohoo. Even without free will. Stupid prudes.

As for your issue, I dunno. Sure makes me miss the InTEENimator from Sims 2. I had so much fun knowcking people up with the bastard children of people they've never met. (Or an asexual kid with themself. That was always hilarious)
---
Harvest Moon Addict...I wish real life dating were so easy.
ACCF: Dwessie in Scatbury 0731-9098-6021. Plz don't ruin it.
#4Cute-BabyPosted 4/19/2010 3:36:40 AM

Meh. I always hated that My sim could never marry one person and go have kids with another. Always seemed like whoever wasn't the one I was controlling turned down the woohoo. Even without free will. Stupid prudes.

Not so fast!

I've had one sim married to another, and I was able to go and Try For a Baby with another sim. Maybe my sim being a man married to a man had something to do with it.
#5GHarris91Posted 4/19/2010 4:08:59 AM
i'm being trying for a baby on my sim for countless times. But i never hear the baby tone. I have no mod and my patch is all updated, also she is not on the verge of being an elder. So any advise?

Dunno if it's a glitch or not, but you don't always get the tone. The next day they should get the, emmm.....can't remember the name, but it's a negative moodlet with an ill face in it. Hover over it and if it has "Unknown Causes" in brackets at the bottom, then she's preggers.
---
Viril-So THAT'S why Sephiroth hates Cloud! "UR DOIN IT RONG!" - In referance to Cloud's inability to naturally equip Katanas in DFF
#6Jug-Kaper(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2010 2:52:41 PM

so i will find out the next day, if she have the nauseous mood?

#7whackazogPosted 4/19/2010 4:34:02 PM
The God Nazi - "No baby for YOU!"
---
GameFox - Firefox addon that enhances Gamefaqs boards.
#8Jug-Kaper(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2010 9:10:43 PM

hmm.. i tested it out by creating a new familyin whichthey tried for a baby and they she got pregant on the first try. Is this possibily abug?

#9GHarris91Posted 4/21/2010 10:25:57 AM
Doubt it's a bug, it's not a 100% chance they'll get preggers. Very high, but not 100%.
---
Viril-So THAT'S why Sephiroth hates Cloud! "UR DOIN IT RONG!" - In referance to Cloud's inability to naturally equip Katanas in DFF
#10femmefatale7Posted 4/21/2010 4:01:05 PM
If you've tried for a baby mutliple times and still haven't heard the tone, just wait a bit and, as someone pointed out, see if the negative "Nauseous" moodlet shows up.
---
I'm sorry your screen resolution is likely to be on the top 5 things in your life you can brag about. - Roxil_CE