Where are the asian sims?

#1IcedMetalPosted 9/30/2010 1:30:38 PM
Correct me if i'm wrong but i only see white sims, and black sims. Maybe there are some jewish sims and latino, err, actually no i haven't noticed any sims of latino descent at all. Anyways my point is, where i live IRL the majority of non-caucasions are mostly of asian descent, such as filipino, east asian (chinese/korean/japanese), and east indian. Is there any way to download packages that either add or replace the current library, so that there are more varieties of generated sims in the game?

Also, if you have a household, is it possible to only control one sim, and put the rest on free will? I know there's an option in the settings but it affects ALL sims, including your active one, which i find extremely annoying because he does things on his own despite me micro managing him 100%. Thanks.
#2AdaminyPosted 9/30/2010 5:18:25 PM
there are asian sims in the pre-made sims bin...
---
PSN: Adaminy
XBL: SUGAOflavor
#3LinkofHyrule991Posted 9/30/2010 7:11:45 PM
Create a family of Asian Sims and move them into your town. This game is all about Custom stuff not what is already there
---
I don't remember Redd White changing his name to Bandit Keith. Not even in America.-Aceburner
You've lost the game. -Near
#4el_flelPosted 10/1/2010 1:03:11 PM
Iced_Metal posted...
Correct me if i'm wrong but i only see white sims, and black sims. Maybe there are some jewish sims and latino, err, actually no i haven't noticed any sims of latino descent at all. Anyways my point is, where i live IRL the majority of non-caucasions are mostly of asian descent, such as filipino, east asian (chinese/korean/japanese), and east indian. Is there any way to download packages that either add or replace the current library, so that there are more varieties of generated sims in the game?

Either make some yourself or download some. Iced_Metal posted...
Also, if you have a household, is it possible to only control one sim, and put the rest on free will? I know there's an option in the settings but it affects ALL sims, including your active one, which i find extremely annoying because he does things on his own despite me micro managing him 100%. Thanks.

No you can't do this. The only way to do it is the way you've already vetoed: turn up free will as high as it will go and ignore the sims you don't want to control.
#5johnny_payPosted 10/1/2010 2:03:50 PM
all the asian sims are in Shang Sim La
#6Cute-BabyPosted 10/1/2010 4:50:59 PM
Sims are all the same race, no matter what skin tone. Otherwise there would be a Racist trait.
#7gamermasterwizPosted 10/6/2010 10:06:05 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't there Asian sims in The Sims 3: Ambitions?

And my cousin met lots of them around the places that you can visit not to mention that you can visit China in that game too.
#8gamermasterwizPosted 10/8/2010 1:58:25 AM
^ I meant 'World Adventures' sorry
#9needlequeenPosted 10/9/2010 3:27:48 PM
After reading your question I have been noticing names of people more...and my postman is Asian. At least he has an Asian name.
#10DarkLagunaPosted 10/10/2010 2:54:52 AM
Yeah, there's chinese, french, and egyptians in the game, at least if you have World Adventures. There's also caucasian and sims from african descent (Or whatever the sim version of Africa is; The main "Sim" society seems pretty american, but some of the storyline hints that it's all just one big world run by the same government, which doesn't really make sense with the real world equivalent of other countries in the game)...

---
I feel a draft on my butt...