The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Flattening Lots Help

#1LadyVenomMyotisPosted 11/23/2010 6:11:27 PM
For some reason whenever I build a new house on a brand new lot, the house is raised several feet above the ground and my Sims have to climb up and around the house to even get in. It takes so much longer than it's really supposed to (opposed to a default built house that's sitting on the ground). Especially since the house is right next to the street. I've tried to flatten the lot before placing the house down, but when I rotate it, it goes back to the raised state it was in before. I have also lowered the terrain with the house built, but the house is still raised and it shows the platform underneath it.

What can I do to flatten the terrain?
---
LadyVenomMyotismon
~Queen of the Undead~
#2wanderzPosted 11/23/2010 6:44:57 PM
are you building the houses yourself or loading one from the clipboard?

if it's from the clipboard it's because it was copied to the clipboard from an uneven lot... and yes it's really annoying.

if you have the power to just raise or lower an entire plot of land why can't you lift the house while doing it?
---
i tried being serious once, in 1989.. didn't particularly care for it.. so don't expect it to happen again.
#3LadyVenomMyotis(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2010 7:01:02 PM
Ah...Yeah, it is a house from the clipboard.

Is it possible to raise and lower the house with the ground?

---
LadyVenomMyotismon
~Queen of the Undead~
#4wanderzPosted 11/24/2010 3:19:15 PM
doesn't seem to be, that's why i was saying it doesn't make sense that you can't, but for some reason that's the way the programmed it.

you'll probably have to pick an empty plot (or empty one) and rebuild your house that you like making sure it's all flat and perfect then copy it to the clipboard again..

i've had to redo a few houses like that, it's a bit annoying sometimes, but i guess we should be happy for all the things we can do with the house editor rather then upset about what's missing.

i have a habit of forgetting to paint the walls, then the sims get upset because the room is unfinished. :(
funny thing is there is free siding / wallpaper if you look in the right category, it's nor pretty, but i play so you can't see the walls anyway, and the sims don't complain about it, but no cost is added to the house.. same with the wood floors.
---
i tried being serious once, in 1989.. didn't particularly care for it.. so don't expect it to happen again.