Fun things to do in The Sims 3

#1CrossCut49Posted 4/1/2011 2:36:48 PM
I stopped playing this game a long, long time ago. I'm on Spring Break and I'm looking for old games to get back into, and I thought to myself, why not The Sims 3? I mean, this is the game that used to occupy tons of my time, enough so that I would write a review (Review of the Month btw, thank you very much) and start a bugs list sticky topic for.

Problem is, as soon as I start up TS3, I usually get bored almost right away and think to myself, "What's the point"? Why should I play The Sims 3?

Maybe it's just because I'm uncreative and unoriginal. But, that's what I have you guys for. What are some fun things for me to do in TS3?
#2CrapFactoryPosted 4/1/2011 4:01:55 PM
It has nothing to do with creativity. I'm a graphic designer. Pretty creative and original. Yet I just got this game and am already wondering what I should do next. It's just not that interesting. I spent more time with Animal Crossing (at least then I can get Mario themed furniture and the amount is actually LARGER than this game).

I feel like I've done most of the stuff worth doing and I've only been playing for two days.
---
Pokemon White FC: 4427 0884 0916
#3theaquallamaPosted 4/1/2011 4:08:47 PM

- Sleep with every sim in town ( bonus if you don't get caught cheating ;) )
- If you have WA, explore all the tombs
- Start from scratch (absolutely no cheats) and become a millionare while keeping the lifespan to "normal" [It's harder than I thought!]
- Either start off with the maximum number of kids or keep having kids back to back until your family is full. (no cheats) [THATS hard]
- Start a Sims "survivor" in which you find different ways to kill a group of sims and make it like a tournament. The sims that survived the fire VS. the sims who survived hunger, who will win when they are all placed in a pool with walls surrounding it?! dun dun duuuuuun
- Make a sim "movie"

You've probably done most of those things already, but maybe I've thought of one that you haven't? I tried anyway :D

#4RithramierPosted 4/2/2011 3:42:14 AM
I personally like to selectively breed my sims. In my current game my sims now have all the hidden traits. Then I stole Victor Goths tombstone, revived him, and made him impregnate my female sim. This produced a ghost child and now my family is part of the Goth bloodline. Next I'm going to have someone have a child with the Grim Reaper, have that child become a vamp, then max his skills. All this without cheats.

Setting goals like this gives the game more of a purpose. Without them the game gets old fast.
#5Xena1975Posted 4/2/2011 9:12:37 AM
"Next I'm going to have someone have a child with the Grim Reaper, have that child become a vamp, then max his skills. All this without cheats."

How? Didn't they patch it so you can't have babies with the grim reaper? He never even seems to hang around long enough in my game to woohoo him.
#6thesims1depotPosted 4/2/2011 9:44:29 AM

Some ideas:

1. Grab a few house plans and recreate them in-game. Try building the most beautiful, amazing, or coolest house you can imagine.

2. Completelycustomize your town-- new library, gym, houses, etc. Build cool new community lots and kick out all the townies for families of your own.

3. Create the wildest, craziest, most interesting household you can imagine-- punks, goths, mismatched roommates, rich snobs, etc. Some people have even made "homeless sims"-- a sim with no house at all who "gets by" by sleeping, peeingand eating at community lots.

4. Try recreating famous movie stars, musicians, and other celebritiesin CAS. Or push CAS sliders to the limit to see how far you can go.

5. Create two characters you want to get married, put each in their separate household, and try to hook them up.

6. Get a new EP. ;)

#7RithramierPosted 4/3/2011 1:18:07 PM
How? Didn't they patch it so you can't have babies with the grim reaper? He never even seems to hang around long enough in my game to woohoo him.

Unless they patched it again, you could befriend the Grim Reaper and ask him to join your band. Then invite the band over and he comes by. Then you have to go steady with him to enable to change to sleep with him.

To be fair though I realize I am using a story progression mod and woohooer and I believe the woohooer enabled to ability to sleep with him like you could pre-patch. But the above way was what I used to do after it was initially patched.
#8Orcinus_ToothPosted 4/18/2011 8:42:22 PM
1. Use the Unlockoutfit cheat to play as Sims with outfits you don't normally have
2. Play with the shortest lifespan possible and switch household when your last Sim is about to die
3. Change household everytime you finish the story or lifetime wish of a household
---
Not changing this sig until Pang De is back in the main Dynasty Warriors games