HELP: Installing Expansion Packs out of order?

#1gamermasterwizPosted 10/8/2011 6:47:37 PM
So far I only have The Sims 3 and Late Night EP.

I know that you can install the EPs out of order now so I am actually planning on buying Ambitions but I have a cousin who's got all of the EPs up to Generations.

I was thinking of borrowing her EPs and using them to expand my Sims game since she's not really using her older ones. Is this possible? Will I miss out anything?

I just want to catch up before Pets is released.
---
Gen IV FC: 2536-3829-5092
Gen V FC: 0819-4243-0361
#2TheForestKidPosted 10/9/2011 11:53:37 AM
yeah you can install them out of order
---
'We're whalers on the moon, we carry a harpoon, for they ain't no whales so we tell tall tales, and sing our whaling tune.'
#3el_flelPosted 10/9/2011 1:05:04 PM
No, you won't miss out on anything. You'll get the same content as everyone else. What you do need to bear in mind, however, is that you need to use the disc of the most recently released expansion. So if your cousin plays Generations then you can't also play that as you both need the disc.

What you can do is download the game for free using your cousin's serial key. You need to download and install the EA Origins launcher, use the EA Activate website to get a digital-compatible version of the key, and then download the game from the Origins launcher using that key.

That way, you don't need the disc to run the game.
#4gamermasterwiz(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2011 2:59:54 PM
el_flel posted...
No, you won't miss out on anything. You'll get the same content as everyone else. What you do need to bear in mind, however, is that you need to use the disc of the most recently released expansion. So if your cousin plays Generations then you can't also play that as you both need the disc.

What you can do is download the game for free using your cousin's serial key. You need to download and install the EA Origins launcher, use the EA Activate website to get a digital-compatible version of the key, and then download the game from the Origins launcher using that key.

That way, you don't need the disc to run the game.

Hmm ok thanks! I'll see if that will work.

I might probably install Generations first then install my own EP last if that's how it goes. I will ask her if she'd allow me to use her serial key.

Will I get caught and get in trouble if EA finds out that I'm using her key to download the game?
---
Gen IV FC: 2536-3829-5092
Gen V FC: 0819-4243-0361
#5TowerBooks3192Posted 10/20/2011 9:47:22 AM
Ok here's what happened to me. I was not interested in this game before and didn't really bother. My sister bought the main game on first week and bought the packs after those ( I think it was up to High end Loft SP at that time) Got interested and purchased ambitions when it came out and I only bought ambitions and installed my sister's main game and previous expansions. She envied me since she couldn't buy ambitions during that time and hated me for that but now we sorted it out and went our seperate ways with the later episodes. We shared the whole sims collection (we call it "our collection" though and we have vanilla till pets and a couple of store items (ultra lounge stuff) )

The problem bout borrowing discs and not having your own serial is the registration bonuses. Its a good thing me and my sister shared an EA account. I bought town life and pets from origin store and a bit dissapointed since they don't launch on midnight and my game was not released until I sent them a message.

Advice, Install the previous ones and buy the latest expansions but make sure you have access to the previous ones incase you need to re install it. For me the important expansions are only generations,ambitions and nightlife. As for pets, it depends but I'm obssesive so I bought all the EP and SP released on discs
---
DS and 3DS is just a fancy name for a Gameboy