My launcher keeps crashing and I don't know why.

#1ShadowBoyZXPosted 12/28/2011 10:19:39 AM
Okay so when I first got the game on christmas it was working perfectly. It included the pets expansion so I loaded them both up and got to playing. Now since yesterday anytime I open the launcher and press play it shows that it's loading but nothing's happening. I've left it to load for about 15 minutes in some situations. So then when I touch the launcher at all it tells me that it's not responding.
I know how to play by going into the actual folder and clicking TS3 but I want an actual solution to the launcher problem. I've been looking it up and have tried a few diffrent methods but none of them seem to work. Please, somebody help me.
#2wanderzPosted 12/28/2011 6:19:01 PM
the launcher has been a problem forever..

the only use for the launcher is to install newly downloaded stuff anyway.

just create a shortcut to the actual program file and use that.

don't ask me why EA doesn't fix the launcher (or just get rid of it), but then again there is a lot of other things they need to fix first, and haven't.
---
i tried being serious once, in 1989.. didn't particularly care for it.. so don't expect it to happen again.
#3ShadowBoyZX(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2011 10:35:01 AM
Alright that sounds reasonable, but how do I get new stuff then? Will stuff I get from the sims resource work?