My launcher keeps crashing and I don't know why.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 3
  3. My launcher keeps crashing and I don't know why.

User Info: ShadowBoyZX

ShadowBoyZX
5 years ago#1
Okay so when I first got the game on christmas it was working perfectly. It included the pets expansion so I loaded them both up and got to playing. Now since yesterday anytime I open the launcher and press play it shows that it's loading but nothing's happening. I've left it to load for about 15 minutes in some situations. So then when I touch the launcher at all it tells me that it's not responding.
I know how to play by going into the actual folder and clicking TS3 but I want an actual solution to the launcher problem. I've been looking it up and have tried a few diffrent methods but none of them seem to work. Please, somebody help me.

User Info: wanderz

wanderz
5 years ago#2
the launcher has been a problem forever..

the only use for the launcher is to install newly downloaded stuff anyway.

just create a shortcut to the actual program file and use that.

don't ask me why EA doesn't fix the launcher (or just get rid of it), but then again there is a lot of other things they need to fix first, and haven't.
i tried being serious once, in 1989.. didn't particularly care for it.. so don't expect it to happen again.

User Info: ShadowBoyZX

ShadowBoyZX
5 years ago#3
Alright that sounds reasonable, but how do I get new stuff then? Will stuff I get from the sims resource work?
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 3
  3. My launcher keeps crashing and I don't know why.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived