How is this game vanilla? Which are the good expansions?

#1Gmoney-Posted 12/21/2012 9:37:25 PM
Been wanting to play for a while. See it's on steam sale for 10$ so I I figured I'd ask.
---
All we ever see of stars is their old photographs.
PSN/XBL/MGO: RzaRecta357
#2iXCelticXiPosted 12/22/2012 4:10:42 AM
likewise, any info would be nice, folks! :D
---
LoL IGN: Greedy
#3RekoisCoolPosted 12/22/2012 6:01:14 AM
I would highly recommend getting the Ambitions expansion pack. That expansion pack lets you actually work at the jobs, which is quite fun. I've been enjoying the firefighter profession since I bought it last week. Seasons adds weather and the festivals at the park, so that seems to also be a good one IMO. You may like Super Natural if you like being able to play with magic and other types of sims.
#4engimamanPosted 12/22/2012 5:15:59 PM
the vanilla ver. is pretty ok, they give you alot to do and experiment/customize with

but if you *do* want to buy an expansion at the very least Ambitions should be your 1st expansion to get (its the only few that really "works" with vanilla) , your 2nd expansion choice should be generations...

imo you should get supernatural if your planning to get more than 3 of the expansions/SPs.. ( i don;t know why..it would feel so empty to me without the other expansions..)
---
"Light travels faster than sound. That's why people appear bright before you hear them speak."
#5TheSocialBunnyPosted 12/22/2012 8:29:32 PM
The base game is actually quite robust and the free patches over the years have actually added a myriad of new game mechanics to it since it was first released even without any EPs added on.

The base game is actually also a lot more stable without the full onslaught of EPs and SPs installed and will keep you busy on it's own for a long time. If you are considering EPs though, As the others have said, Ambitions is usually the #1 recommended expansion, whereas Showtime is often considered to be the absolute worst of the series.

After Ambitions, Generations and Seasons add the most overall general game play and the rest of the EPs tend to specialize in specific categories, especially Supernatural (Personally, it's my favourite EP, but only because I really like fairies ^_~).
#6LightHawKnightPosted 12/23/2012 12:11:40 AM
TheSocialBunny posted...
The base game is actually quite robust and the free patches over the years have actually added a myriad of new game mechanics to it since it was first released even without any EPs added on.

The base game is actually also a lot more stable without the full onslaught of EPs and SPs installed and will keep you busy on it's own for a long time. If you are considering EPs though, As the others have said, Ambitions is usually the #1 recommended expansion, whereas Showtime is often considered to be the absolute worst of the series.

After Ambitions, Generations and Seasons add the most overall general game play and the rest of the EPs tend to specialize in specific categories, especially Supernatural (Personally, it's my favourite EP, but only because I really like fairies ^_~).

Fairies are op! I can fly is just too useful.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."