Haruspex Vs. Templar Vs. Harbinger

#1DarkCypherPosted 4/1/2008 4:11:51 PM
I'm looking for the best class for my play style. I like to...

- Dual wield or sword/board (not usually one for bows)
- Get up close and personal to deal damage, even if it means taking the brunt of the damage
- AoE to take down multiple enemies up close as possible

Now, from what I've read on the board, Haruspex is considered the best class with some of its melee abilities. Now what I'm unsure of is whether or not they're ranged melee (bow) or close combat melee.. If it's best with a bow, I'm thinking Harbinger will be better for me.. However, if it's a good sword/board spec, then it might win over.

Disclaimer: I have Titan Quest, but not Immortal Throne yet. I'm thinking of prepping a new character though (either hunting or warfare) without adding a second mastery (will be dream once I find a copy of Immortal Throne)
---
If everything seems to be going good, you have obviously overlooked something!
#2MNGurahlPosted 4/1/2008 4:51:33 PM
Both Haruspex and Harbinger require Immortal Throne. You need the Dream skill set for them, which is in IT.
#3DarkCypher(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2008 8:27:55 PM
Hence the disclaimer. I was thinking of starting a second character to prep for the expansion (ie. level up and grind for gear without adding a second mastery). Unless there is some reason that this wouldn't work (eg. dream mastery not available for characters created prior to expansion)
---
If everything seems to be going good, you have obviously overlooked something!
#4MNGurahlPosted 4/1/2008 8:52:25 PM
Sorry, should have read all of your post. Missed where you said you'd be getting it. I have a Haruspex, and like him quite a bit. But I use him as a ranged fighter, using Distort Reality if things get too close. And I usually don't pick the most popular builds either.
#5MNGurahlPosted 4/1/2008 8:53:45 PM
Haven't tried Harbinger or Templar yet. Dream Mastery is available to any pre-IT chars who haven't already picked a first or second mastery.
#6Xenoslayer33Posted 4/2/2008 9:03:11 AM
Have you checked out the Rogue mastery? It has some very lethal melee attacks for taking down enemies quite quickly.

That, coupled with Warfare, will give you dual-wield and some group attack skills. Sounds good to me.
---
{Circus Maximus, Dream Theater, Evergrey, Rush, Porcupine Tree, Pain of Salvation, Symphony X, Kamelot, Nightwish, Vanden Plas, Ayreon} Progulus.com
#7barn83Posted 4/3/2008 4:24:44 AM
since u'll be getting Dream for ur 2nd mastery, get warfare for ur 1st since u like to dual wield. u'll use dual wield until u get dream. then use phantom strike to AOE up to 6 nearby enemies, distortion wave for enemies lining up or distort reality for enemies surrounding u.
---
"There's no next Pele. God only created 1 Pele, 1 Beethoven and 1 Michaelangelo. The second reason is my mother has closed her factory, haha" - Pele
More topics from this board...
buildPeppita_Nel17/26 5:01PM