will this have an update?

#1kcoin17Posted 12/17/2007 6:35:17 PM
like tempest 2000 for the jaguar? that game kicked ass. one of the few games for that system that was any good tbqh.
---
XBOX LIVE: C0IN playing: none, waiting for 4th refurb to come back.
PSN: KOIN2 playing: COD 4
#2Raven2827Posted 12/18/2007 7:36:59 AM
This game looks sweet...definitely gonna get it...maybe
#3XammbluPosted 12/18/2007 11:02:15 PM
From Gamespot: "Tempest heads to the Xbox Live Arcade, offering both classic and enhanced evolution modes."

Thats sweet news! Tempest 2000 was so much fun, I have TempestX or whatever its called for the old PS1, but I can't wait to play this! It's such perfect timing, I've only had the HDD for the 360 about a week and I look for a Tempest clone and didnt care for that Space Giraffe much at all.

---
XBL Gamertag - "Real MacDeath"
WoW - Parr - NE Druid - Staghelm
#4GriffPosted 12/19/2007 7:48:01 AM
Unfortunately the 'evolved' version is nothing like Tempest 2000.

However, it's still a nice update.

The graphics are cool, it's full wide-screen.
The controller rumble is also a nice addition.

All in all, for the mere 400 points, if you like Tempest, you'll like this.

My only gripes -

No powerups in evolved mode (but it's not T2K so I'll shuttup).

Particle Explosions are way too much - why must this company continue to overdo the effects
and mess with the views? They did this with Asteroids / Centipede and now Tempest.
For the love of Atari, make the insane particle effects a selectable option!
#5Bolt ThrowerPosted 12/19/2007 9:17:50 AM
Particle Explosions are way too much - why must this company continue to overdo the effects and mess with the views? They did this with Asteroids / Centipede and now Tempest.

Thanks for mentioning this. I doubt I even need to waste my time downloading and trying this out now. I'm sick of these games abusing particle effects that make it impossible to see what the **** is going on. Idiots.
#6kcoin17(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2007 5:49:01 PM
yeah i kinda was hoping for a tempest 2000 clone. now i'm on the fence.
---
XBOX LIVE: C0IN playing: none, waiting for 4th refurb to come back.
PSN: KOIN2 playing: COD 4
#7jbeeson69Posted 1/1/2008 7:34:15 PM
What a let down. Tempest 2k on Jaguar was better. Why didn't they get Jeff Minter on board to make sure the game was up to par. It should have been a step up. Oh well, I guess it is still good to have Tempest on 360 in whatever form.

---
XBOX Gamertag - Beeson