Built Sims in Bodyshop... not showing up in game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 2 Seasons
  3. Built Sims in Bodyshop... not showing up in game?

User Info: Olympus Mons

Olympus Mons
8 years ago#1
This is kind of driving me crazy. I tend to like the build a sim in Bodyshop more because there are a few more features/sliders to play with. Last night I finally made a serious attempt. I made a more narrow eyed Asian woman with a more moon face, as my Korean wife would say. Gave her a more flawed humanist skin with a beauty mark or two. Of course I did the clone, then OK'd it. Sent as a package, not online, which turned up on my desktop. Then I started my game and..... nothing.... she wasn't there. I then went back, checked over things, double clicked on the folder/package that was on my desktop and it asked if I wanted to install it. I said yes. Its said successful. Again I went into the game and again she was a no-show

When I first was just pushing button around this build sim feature in bodyshop, I created a character that did appear in game...so it did it before. I still have no issues with clothing/skins into the game from Bodyshop....just the build sims feature all of a sudden

Has this happened to anyone before? It seems to me that a package I could send to EA to be uploaded should be able to be uploaded into my own game. Could someone give me a quick run down about how they do this so I can see if I missed a step?

ALSO....what and how does this collection folder stuff work in the in-game CAS? I am still rather new at this stuff. There doesn;t seem to be much info on these features. I click a pre-made character in the portraits of characters and it says...add to collection?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated...thanks

User Info: Omaedon1

Omaedon1
8 years ago#2
Are you looking in the created sim bin or the pre-built sim models in the CAS screen? Any sim you build with bodyshop doesn't get imported as a playable sim..just a model in the Create-a-sim preset models screen, I forgot that once and wondered why my bodyshop sims weren't being installed too...
98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.

User Info: Olympus Mons

Olympus Mons
8 years ago#3
When I did this last night, I knew I had to go create a CAS in game with it for it to place. In game create a family, I went to the icon of the group of people in the right handed corner. It had full body portraits of the usual pre-made sims you can select, but mine was not amongst them. When I was just pushing it around before, I had my built sim from body shop there with the asterick up in the corner, like other custom stuff has.

I may think it through some more, but I can think of nothing I did wrong step by step.
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 2 Seasons
  3. Built Sims in Bodyshop... not showing up in game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived