What if doa + tekken = ?

#1knightimexPosted 11/24/2009 7:58:03 AM
For whatever reason namco decided to merge with tecmo.
Don't say it can't\won't happen Sonic chills with Mario now mind you.

What would a doa + tekken game be like? same?
---
Gamertag: KnightimeX
#2dybyhandsPosted 11/24/2009 5:07:59 PM
No Way
#3sumuthergamerPosted 11/25/2009 12:30:52 PM
Well... it depends..

Think of Capcom and SNK.

Capcom made "Capcom vs. SNK" and "Capcom vs. SNK 2".
SNK made "SNK vs. Capcom Chaos".

So it depends who makes it.
#4MajinTysonPosted 11/25/2009 6:50:45 PM
I've always talked of this since DOA3.
DOA definitely has better graphics so, they'd be in charge of that shift.
As for the fighting styles and art of gameplay.
That'd go straight to Namco's Tekken team with the assisstance of Tecmo's DOA team.
DOA Vs. Tekken would be such a godly game and sell so much due to just fanbase for both games themselves.Millions!
I'd love to see this before I die.
#5sakazaki69Posted 11/26/2009 6:34:12 PM
Which button configuration would it use: Tekken's LP,RP, LK, RK or DOA's P, K, Hold?

Anyways, I allows thought DOA would be a better team with Virtua Fighter, including a similar button scheme.
#6swiftymcveighPosted 12/4/2009 1:45:00 PM
I don't agree that DOA has better graphics, really, I find them about the same level. Awesome graphics for both franchises, though.

About the controls - Hell, I don't know. I mean, you even guard differently in the two franchises, I'm not sure it's doable.

On the other hand... Yoshimitsu is still in the SC series, and Heihachi made a jump there in SC too, which has a control scheme that's closer to DoA's. My guess would be for that to be the fighting style, really.

Also: I'd buy.
---
Out of sight, out of mind...
R.I.P. Proof
#7CHADbombPosted 12/31/2009 2:20:08 PM

but Itagaki hates Tekken!!!

#8Olympus MonsPosted 1/4/2010 11:58:51 AM
Control wise... nothing at all alike. I will say one thing, if Namco had done the volleyball game, it would have had a greater chance of actually being a true game.

To me Soul Calibur is a closer game to DOA, control wise. A Taki vs Ayane or Kasumi fight would be insane. Both games have toyed with major babe factors

As for MR Itagaki hating this or that....He's out of the picture. It was all publicity anyways...The illusion of David throwing rocks at Goliath and getting noticed for it. Unfortunately this kind of soap opera takes away from a game. It became too much about Mr Itagaki at times, and not the game itself.

Either way...I hope for the day DOA returns, hopefully in much smarter hands, with less egos, and better questions being asked about where this game is going. Its too good to throw away.
#9ffviiifreakPosted 1/15/2010 10:11:57 PM

CHADbomb posted...

but Itagaki hates Tekken!!!

So true but sadly he is no longer with the property that aside they are truely different games granted T6 tried rip on destructive environments and a lot of the newer moves look like DOA moves but they are extremely different in the aspects of combat.

#10SpaceXoDDityPosted 1/23/2010 6:46:10 AM
DOA girls + Tekken guys would make one hell of a popular fighting game.
---
DOA ROCKS!!