Lack of advertising.

#1Doug151Posted 4/17/2012 1:38:20 PM
Anyone else theme team ninja could advertise DOA5 more. Like some more trailers and gameplay. I always see tekken tag 2 with all these trailers and tournaments and gameplay. There both out september too. I hope they start advertising more so people actually buy DOA5.
#2dybyhandsPosted 4/17/2012 8:34:44 PM
Team Ninja has and always has had the worst Marketing ever, IMO.
---
My other signature is better... I promise.
#3mekokemekoPosted 4/17/2012 9:19:59 PM
dybyhands posted...
Team Ninja has and always has had the worst Marketing ever, IMO.

Now would be a good time for them to step it up, they made such a big deal on NG3
#4wave1000Posted 4/17/2012 11:17:43 PM
Advertise what?

Boobs? oh they took that out.

Fighting? Teken and VF have more gameplay footage to use since the games are already out.

They have nothing to advertise. They can't say you know that Izuna drop counter that use to take alot of energy well now look its only an advance hold and this is how you do advance holds. Don't think this would work with casuals

wait until after or Till E3 because the stages for the game are not even done yet they literly have nothing to work with.
---
3DS FC 004427725163
#5Doug151(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2012 11:44:54 AM
Yeah i hope they pick it up and start building some more hype.
#6istuffedsunnyPosted 4/18/2012 1:19:22 PM
What good can possibly come from DOA becoming more popular? Look at how lazy Bamco is with Tekken - it's barely changed in 15 years. Just play DOA5 then go back to DOA1, then play Tekken 6 and go back to Tekken 3. They feel they don't have to change it because it's so popular they can get away with laziness. With Soulcalibur there was at least a little evolution, but enter SC5 where they completely ignored single player. I guess it's more important to play barbie dress up and show it off online. Do I even have to mention Crapcom's antics with Street Fighter? I feel DOA is perfect where it is right now. End rant :)
---
I have a radio in my car.
#7wave1000Posted 4/18/2012 3:15:02 PM
istuffedsunny posted...
What good can possibly come from DOA becoming more popular? Look at how lazy Bamco is with Tekken - it's barely changed in 15 years. Just play DOA5 then go back to DOA1, then play Tekken 6 and go back to Tekken 3. They feel they don't have to change it because it's so popular they can get away with laziness. With Soulcalibur there was at least a little evolution, but enter SC5 where they completely ignored single player. I guess it's more important to play barbie dress up and show it off online. Do I even have to mention Crapcom's antics with Street Fighter? I feel DOA is perfect where it is right now. End rant :)

That was a real rant because most of all the Tekken characters had major changes. Try playing Tekken 2 King then Tekken 3 King then Tekken 5 King and Tekken 6 King and see. Thats why Tekken gets alot of complants because they up and just change characters too much from game to game. No Casual person will keep playing because you have to learn the character all over again and this is the argument in the community because its hard to bring new people in.

And You say what good can come from getting popular maybe getting another game. Lets see if Ninja gaiden can do that after 3, So its kinda a big deal when you are an established series.
---
3DS FC 004427725163
#8vega2505Posted 4/18/2012 5:09:41 PM
istuffedsunny posted...

Go bakc and play DOA2 then play DOA4...there was only real change between 1 and 2...then it's never changed...and change is not always a good thing...look at Soulcalibur V...it's trying to be Street Fighter and it sucks.
---
I used to be a Street Fighter like you...then I took a Spiral Arrow to the knee.
#9AnomalycadPosted 4/18/2012 11:01:08 PM
I agree, it's about that time they show more trailers and reveal more characters. All I see is SFxT, TTT2, and Skull Crap lol.
#10mekokemekoPosted 4/19/2012 12:39:22 AM
On the directors last twitter post yesterdy he said

"[D-YS] To be continued... (A lot of you are asking for more character info. It's in the works! Hang on just a little longer!)"