wow is this game not good.

#1ThirdDegreePosted 9/27/2012 12:12:02 AM
I checked it out and of the many other games I checked out this one takes the cake for the one I would be the most disappointed for paying 60 dollars for. The only improvement from DOA 4 is the graphics. The button mashing is still there which is cool if you have a desire to play a low skill game. The boob physics makes no sense at all but I'm not really hating on that because I remember playing the first DOA and being wowed that there was a bouncing boobs setting. Glad they are sticking to their roots. But seriously this series hasn't changed since DOA 2 which was the last time I was entertained by it. I really want to like this series because the chicks in it are hot and it's really easy to pick up. But it's not a good game. Also, what the hell is going on in the story mode? That makes less sense than the girls boobs swaying and jiggling around like water balloons after turning their heads left to right. As a fan of fighting games this is my least favorite from the last 2 years. And I really was disappointed by some of them. Shame on this game for making me think better of MvC 3. Mortal Kombat 9 still has the crown.
---
gamertag: HndrdDollarBaby
PSN: HundrdDollarBaby
#2Mason_CainPosted 9/27/2012 12:17:28 AM
-1/10

Worst trolling in ages.

Topic is now about Borderlands 2.

Maya rocks but cant wait to try Salvador next :)
---
I am the Tevinter Archon!
#3SpookyXPosted 9/27/2012 12:18:11 AM
It is not as bad as I thought it would be considering this is the first DOA without Itagaki at the helm. I was worried because I think Team Ninja dropped the ball on Ninja Gaiden 3 but overall DOA 5 is solid. I would have hope for more innovation and believe it would have been had Itagaki been still there. He really did a great job with DOA 4's online system which pretty much set the standard while adding some things other fighters have yet to do.
#4Pirate WezPosted 9/27/2012 12:18:40 AM
It depend what you like, being a HUGE fighting game fan myself I have found DOA5 to be the most enjoyable fighter of my life.

DOA is more based on reflex skill than muscle memory. it is definitely easier to get into becuase of the ability to turn fight around but that doesn't make it less of a fighter. at high skill levels in DOA its still anyone's game while something like MVC 3 it becomes a battle of invisible quick time events and who screws up first.
---
My Art Site http://w-e-z.deviantart.com/
#5yaboyblizz24Posted 9/27/2012 12:30:13 AM
this game is easily the best fighter to come out this year. you wont get far mashing at all! the counter system isnt broken. the gameplay is relaxing and rewarding! there are plenty of secrets and the online is active. but the netcode needs some work. the AI cheats at harder difficulties and unlocks have outrageous requirements. besides all that, im having a blast and im a hard gamer to please. i'd buy this game twice if i had to and I HATED DOA 4!
---
If YOU have to talk crap online to make YOURSELF feel better, then its obvious YOU have daddy issues! "sad face"
#6DarkAdonis123Posted 9/27/2012 1:26:14 AM
I'm underwhelmed. I like TTT2 a lot more. This game lived up to the casual reputation that the series has earned. They made some definite improvements to the combat, but the cheesy over the top focus on silly things like breasts physics still keep me from being able to take the game seriously.

It's not a bad game, but I'll probably shelf it after a week or 2.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#7Kunai_ClimbPosted 9/27/2012 1:27:20 AM
The fact that you praise MK as a good game invalidates your opinion.
---
Be careful what you wish for.
#8Alakazham1337Posted 9/27/2012 1:28:51 AM
DarkAdonis123 posted...
I'm underwhelmed. I like TTT2 a lot more. This game lived up to the casual reputation that the series has earned. They made some definite improvements to the combat, but the cheesy over the top focus on silly things like breasts physics still keep me from being able to take the game seriously.

It's not a bad game, but I'll probably shelf it after a week or 2.

It is underwhelming but hey, it's a fighter game, and I hope they have DLC for it. If not, I will probably continue to play just because I love the series.
---
People keep making fun of my "Wal-mart" connection.
I spent all my money on women, cars, and diamond rings, that's why! LMFAO!
#9DarkAdonis123Posted 9/27/2012 1:29:06 AM
Kunai_Climb posted...
The fact that you praise MK as a good game invalidates your opinion.

Who on earth praised MK?
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#10Broken-DroidPosted 9/27/2012 4:30:30 AM
SpookyX posted...
It is not as bad as I thought it would be considering this is the first DOA without Itagaki at the helm. I was worried because I think Team Ninja dropped the ball on Ninja Gaiden 3 but overall DOA 5 is solid. I would have hope for more innovation and believe it would have been had Itagaki been still there. He really did a great job with DOA 4's online system which pretty much set the standard while adding some things other fighters have yet to do.

Of course, if Itagaki was on the team the game would have advanced ten fold right? Nope. DoA hasn't really evolved as such for many years and itagaki was at the helm for 5 games. He never even changed the counter system until 2 ultimate. The changes were mainly cosmetic but for me that doesn't matter because the core gameplay is so much fun. Its kind of like Borderlands 2. The core gameplay stayed near exactly the same but there were so many refinements to everything else it made things even better.
---
Our World is nothing more than an image composed of dreams.