Just got Tina and Christie's rare suit in less than half an hour...

#1LanternOfAshPosted 9/29/2012 8:16:14 PM
Was putting it off for last because of how everyone was talking, though it was going to be a nightmare. All you have to do is hold diagonal and hit LB when they rush you and stop. It only takes a few matches to get the timing down perfectly and then they can barely touch you.

So yeah I don't know if we've figured out what the actual requirements were, but I played each mode once without continuing and I got them both first try.

Now time to ignore the fact that Lisa has one too....
---
WELL THAT'S JUST, LIKE, YOUR OPINION, MAN.
#2JockoPosted 9/29/2012 8:35:45 PM
Which diagonal direction and with what character?
---
The oxygen's leaving my brain!!! --Clucky the Chicken
()===={SWORDSWORDSWORDSWORD> It's my SWORD sword.
#3PHATJERPosted 9/29/2012 8:37:37 PM
Tina's moonsault attack is what did it for me. Just spammed the hell out of that move and I never lost a round.
---
PSN: Ao_Iconoclast
GT: Tsukuyomi17
#4shinigami_mattPosted 9/29/2012 9:07:53 PM
This was the same trick for easy wins against Alpha in DOA4 lol
---
Go then, there are other worlds than these. - The Gunslinger
#5tyrannosauryogiPosted 9/29/2012 9:18:35 PM
Okay is it actually verified that you need to win without continuing? I finally beat Legend but wasn't given the suit. I used about 1,028 continues. I've heard it's not a prerequisite though.
---
Love fighters! Find me playing P4A, SF4, BBEX, SFxT......XBL name: CuteYogaGirls
#6PHATJERPosted 9/29/2012 9:23:14 PM
beating it without using a continue gives you the suit 100%; using one or more drops it to 30%.
---
#7tyrannosauryogiPosted 9/29/2012 9:25:44 PM
Tina's moonsault is getting blocked about 95% of the time.
---
Love fighters! Find me playing P4A, SF4, BBEX, SFxT......XBL name: CuteYogaGirls
#8PHATJERPosted 9/29/2012 9:33:12 PM
keep some distance between you and your opponent (just enough for you to hit the moonsault) and wait till they try and do something, then do it. if you just do it all the time they'll either block it or counter it.

it takes a little practice, but once you get it down, it's a breeze.
---
#9LanternOfAsh(Topic Creator)Posted 9/29/2012 10:04:29 PM
Jocko posted...
Which diagonal direction and with what character?

Leifang. Bottom left. I tried the Tina drop and got brutally destroyed everytime. This method wa practically fool proof. The only skill you need is being able to get up and away if you blow the attack and they get through.
---
WELL THAT'S JUST, LIKE, YOUR OPINION, MAN.
#10tyrannosauryogiPosted 9/29/2012 10:04:56 PM
Jesus f'n hell! I've beaten legend 3 times and nothing. This is the worst way to win any kind of reward.
---