Critical Burst/Power Blow Guide for ALL Characters

#1GhostOfOdinPosted 10/6/2012 4:34:16 PM
(Copied from my post on the PS3 boards, with the couple fixes it needed, so this list is pretty definitive now and yes, I am aware my number pad is reversed)

NOTE: The point to this guide isnít meant for real combat (though there are a few easy ones that might be good for combat, like Alpha, Brad, Kokoro and Rig), it is simply for those who want to get the titles and get up there to unlocking Alpha with the easiest methods found. You likely won't get enough titles within a reasonable amount of time without doing these.

This little guide shows EXTREMELY EASY ways to get the titles for doing a Power Blow during a Critical Burst for every character. REMEMBER, your life needs to be at least halfway empty for it to work. Also, the easiest way of doing this is entering Versus Mode with a first and second player controller. There is no time limit and obviously no one fighting back so feel free to take your time. I also suggest the Scramble stage as you can easily get the 2 cliffhanger titles for each character while you are at it. As well, there are plenty of other ways to do these, these are just the easiest.

The spaces in the combos mean a brief break in the combo. For instance, PKK is a combo followed by a singular P immediately after the initial combo finishes.

For those that donít know, the numbers are for which direction the motion on the controller needs to go. This should make it clear:
8 is down, 2 is up, 4 is left, 6 is right, I think you got it now.

And YES, it does matter which side the opponent is facing you for these.

ALPHA-152:
KKKKK, 6P+K, 4P+K

AKIRA:
6K5P, 66P+K, 66P+K, 7P+K

AYANE:
Circle behind opponent, PK PP, 6P+K, 7P+K

BASS ARMSTRONG:
Circle behind opponent, PPK P, 9P+K, 1P+K

BAYMAN:
Circle behind opponent, PPP PP, 1P, 7P+K

BRAD WONG:
66P, 8KK, 66P, 4P+K

CHRISTIE:
Circle behind opponent, PPPPP, 6P+K, 7P+K

ELLIOT:
Circle behind opponent, P+K PP PP, 7P+K, 4P+K

GEN FU:
Circle behind opponent, PPP, 9P+K, 7P+K

HAYABUSA:
KP PPP, P+K, 7P+K

HAYATE:
Circle behind opponent, PPP, 1P, 1P, 7P+K

HELENA:
KK PP, 1P, 4 P+K

HITOMI:
Circle behind opponent, PP, 6P+K, 6P+K, 7P+K

KASUMI:
6KPPP, 6P+K, 4P+K

LEIFANG:
Circle behind opponent, PPK P, 896P, 1P+K

LISA:
Circle behind opponent, PKK P, 896K, 4P+K

JANN LEE:
Circle behind opponent, PK K, 6P+K, 4P+K

KOKORO:
7PPP, 7PP, 1P, 9P+K

MILA:
Circle behind opponent, PPPP, 6P+K, 4P+K

PAI:
Circle behind opponent, PPK PPK, 66P, 7P+K

RIG:
KKK, P+K, P+K, 7P+K

SARAH BRYANT:
KK PPP, 896P+K, 7P+K

TINA ARMSTRONG:
KP PP, 6P+K, 7P+K

ZACK:
Circle behind opponent, PPP, 896K, 7P+K
#2NeotheLightPosted 10/6/2012 6:51:43 PM(edited)
Mila. Simply CB to stun, a few punches to red the CS about 3 or 4, CB, and PB.
6P+K, (PPP or PPPP), 6P+K, 4P+K

Ryu
P+K, PPP, P+K, P+K, 7P+K
---
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
I'm not a racist. I'm an optimist.
#3I_KnowYourMomPosted 10/9/2012 9:10:30 AM
Awesome!

Oh and you got the directional commands from wrong, it's supposed to be.

7 8 9
4 5 6
1 2 3

Like in a computer keyboard.
#4DeeNinjaaPosted 10/9/2012 10:38:20 AM
Alpha-152:
H+KK, CB, Power Blow.
#5ShirakaniPosted 10/10/2012 4:18:01 AM
Hrm. Not sure what to make of this list. I'd say it'd be more beneficial to teach people HOW to Critical Burst properly rather than just give a few situational ones. Some of the chains listed in here are far, far more convoluted than they have to be...

eg, Christie, a far easier CB is to simply go 9P..7P..P,P, 6PK... that alone will crit burst with practically no effort. The general idea to how the CB system works is by following these rules:

(PS: ...'s following a move means wait, the preceding move must FULLY animate and recover. A ,(comma) following a move means it's part of a canned chain)

1) The opening hit must be a move that causes Critical Stun

2) The same hit cannot be repeated twice in a row

3) The opening hit must be a hit that has a fast enough recovery to allow followup hits. If the opponent recovers from hit stagger, the move is not usable in a CB combo.

4) A certain amount of hitstun must be inflicted from once the opening hit lands. This can be done by chaining moves that cause Critical Stun together one after the other, or by inserting some lighter stun moves such as a general character's opening P, P strikes. Either or will do... the beauty of the system is how much freedom it gives you to be creative with your CB combos.

5) The CB move itself (move which actually causes crit burst) can in itself be used as an opening hit if it meets the requirements of #3. For example Jann Lee, you can simply go 6PK, 3P.. 6P.. 6PK as an easy CB.

6) Comboing after the CB: Naturally you will not always have a power blow, and the power blow IS a 'one shot' move. It is far more beneficial to learn the ideals of comboing after CB has been attained. Again rather than give a list of combos, the idea of general 'big combo' flow in DoA5 is simply:

<moves leading to crit burst> -> <launcher> -> <longest possible juggle chain here>.

Example of the above, Ayane: 6P,P.. P,P,P.. 6PK (CB)... 4PK.. P,P,4P,P,7K

When a character is Critical Bursted, they are launched a lot higher with any launchable move. It is possible to use Tekken style combos with some characters where rather than immediately launch, use a chain that causes a B! (ground bounce), which will still work as a launcher, then finish with a chain.

All in all, experiment. It's a lot easier to learn the rules behind how Critical Stun/Burst works than to try to follow a list of combos without knowing how or why they work.

Hope this helps those who are trying to learn the new system. It really is a lot of fun and allows a lot of freedom to be creative with combos. Much more than previous games in the series.
---
PSN: Shirakani
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/shirakani
#6Team_NinjaPosted 10/10/2012 5:57:23 AM
Shirakani posted...
Hrm. Not sure what to make of this list. I'd say it'd be more beneficial to teach people HOW to Critical Burst properly rather than just give a few situational ones. Some of the chains listed in here are far, far more convoluted than they have to be...

eg, Christie, a far easier CB is to simply go 9P..7P..P,P, 6PK... that alone will crit burst with practically no effort. The general idea to how the CB system works is by following these rules:

(PS: ...'s following a move means wait, the preceding move must FULLY animate and recover. A ,(comma) following a move means it's part of a canned chain)

1) The opening hit must be a move that causes Critical Stun

2) The same hit cannot be repeated twice in a row

3) The opening hit must be a hit that has a fast enough recovery to allow followup hits. If the opponent recovers from hit stagger, the move is not usable in a CB combo.

4) A certain amount of hitstun must be inflicted from once the opening hit lands. This can be done by chaining moves that cause Critical Stun together one after the other, or by inserting some lighter stun moves such as a general character's opening P, P strikes. Either or will do... the beauty of the system is how much freedom it gives you to be creative with your CB combos.

5) The CB move itself (move which actually causes crit burst) can in itself be used as an opening hit if it meets the requirements of #3. For example Jann Lee, you can simply go 6PK, 3P.. 6P.. 6PK as an easy CB.

6) Comboing after the CB: Naturally you will not always have a power blow, and the power blow IS a 'one shot' move. It is far more beneficial to learn the ideals of comboing after CB has been attained. Again rather than give a list of combos, the idea of general 'big combo' flow in DoA5 is simply:

<moves leading to crit burst> -> <launcher> -> <longest possible juggle chain here>.

Example of the above, Ayane: 6P,P.. P,P,P.. 6PK (CB)... 4PK.. P,P,4P,P,7K

When a character is Critical Bursted, they are launched a lot higher with any launchable move. It is possible to use Tekken style combos with some characters where rather than immediately launch, use a chain that causes a B! (ground bounce), which will still work as a launcher, then finish with a chain.

All in all, experiment. It's a lot easier to learn the rules behind how Critical Stun/Burst works than to try to follow a list of combos without knowing how or why they work.

Hope this helps those who are trying to learn the new system. It really is a lot of fun and allows a lot of freedom to be creative with combos. Much more than previous games in the series.

TC is easier....You're the one that makes it more convoluted than it needs to be.
#7ShirakaniPosted 10/10/2012 6:04:46 AM
Team_Ninja posted...
TC is easier....You're the one that makes it more convoluted than it needs to be.

Tsk. Forgot this was gamefaqs. Home of noobs, scrubs, casuals and otherwise people who don't care to actually learn how to play games.

My mistake, carry on as you were.
---
PSN: Shirakani
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/shirakani
#8Team_NinjaPosted 10/10/2012 6:19:28 AM
Shirakani posted...
Team_Ninja posted...

Tsk. Forgot this was gamefaqs. Home of noobs, scrubs, casuals and otherwise people who don't care to actually learn how to play games.

My mistake, carry on as you were.

As the TC have said, this is not for combat purposes. It's just to get those easy cheap titles and move on. No one is trying to learn playing all the characters. Personally I have my handful of mains which I try to learn as much as possible, and the rest I'd just want to get their cheap titles and move on from them. So your post is good for my mains, but it's irrelevent to me for the other 18, 19+ characters that I don't use.
#9The Masked MagePosted 10/20/2012 5:31:52 PM
Any easier way?
---
Laissez les bons temps rouler.